load the .sql file back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• load the .sql file back

I have dump my current vB database and have an .sql file right now to move to another host..

Now, how can I put it back on my new host?

Jedi

Step Three:

http://www.vbulletin.com/manual/movingservers.html
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

so, we can't do this without Telneting to the host?
      Anyway, thanks for the respond.

Jedi

Comment

Nope. Telnet is the only reliable method I'm aware of. I hope you didn't make the mistake of choosing a host that doesn't allow telnet or ssh.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

there is another possibility:
          try to run the following script in your browser:

Code:
          <?php

system("/usr/bin/mysql -uUSERNAME -pPASSWORD -hSERVER.IP DATABASENAME < /PATH/TO/YOUR/BACKUPFILE/vbulletin.sql", $fp);

if ($fp==0) echo "data importet correctly"; else echo "error while importing data";

?>
          i don't know if it's working, but i read about it.

Comment

the problem with using a php script to do the import is that the script can timeout and stop the process before it finishes. the default timeout for php scripts is 30 seconds i think. telnet is a much more reliable method if you have it available to you. you may need to contact your host directly to work out a solution if they won't give you telnet access.

//edit: i think it's called max execution time actually. bah, whatever.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X