Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mandi
    replied
    It was reported to me that people who had bookmarked the individual forums, also retained access during the time I had them toggled as "off", as well as the backdoor method reported above.

Leave a comment:

• Mandi
    replied
    I appreciate the workarounds; I'll certainly keep them in mind for next time . . . today's the day they will be returned to live, so I won't have a chance to implement them, unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• filburt1
    replied
    *cheap hack idea* What you could do is make an empty forum viewable only to admins, mass move all the posts from the old forum to this one, make a thread saying the forums are on vacation, and lock the forum from new posts. Then when you want, you can mass move all the posts back to the original forum and delete the one you created.

Leave a comment:

• nuno
    replied
    there's an option under Forum Permissions called Open for new posts, by setting it to No you lock that forum.

Leave a comment:

• Mandi
    replied
    Shall I assume this is a bug, in light of no directions regarding closing this back door via admin control panel?

Leave a comment:

• Mandi
    replied
    Yes, exactly - I only want a few forums off, and only temporarily. I am familiar with the "whole board off" option, I use it when upgrading, etc. - and in fact have temporarily reverted to this while searching here for an answer to shutting the back door some members found.

Is there something I have overlooked in turning off just a few forums, that would allow this back door posting?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I think Mandi wants to shut down just a few forums, not the whole board.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gronlund
    replied
    just turn the forum off in admin cp vbulletin options

Bulletin Board Active set to no

leave a notice that the board is down for a while etc//

Leave a comment:

• Mandi
    started a topic Putting forums on vacation

Putting forums on vacation

I recently shut several of my forums down to allow for a short vacation for the site team. I did this by visiting the Forums & Moderators | Modify link in the control panel, and then individually toggling the desired forums to "Is Active? No" in the "Edit Forum" link (found right after the field for changing the order of the forums.)

Members were nonetheless posting to the "off" forums, by visiting the Profiles page, and then clicking on the member's last post.

What am I doing wrong . . . my team would really like a vacation !
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X