Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vigile
    replied
    Its not Windows, and if I do remove it, it still happens.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Is this a Windows server by any chance? I use redirects in my .htaccess file on my Linux server without any problems.

All I can say is that somehow what you are doing with Apache is causing the problem. Does it work properly if you remove that line from Apache?

Leave a comment:

• Vigile
    replied
    Also, in Apache, here is my line that makes Amdforums.com work on amdmb.com/vb

<VirtualHost 63.106.2.18>
    DocumentRoot /home/amdmb/www/vb
    ServerName www.amdforums.com
    ServerAlias amdforums.com *.amdforums.com
    </VirtualHost>

Can't get any simpler than that. Thus, going to www.amdmb.com/vb/anything is the same as www.amdforums.com/anything

I have been doing this kind of hostings for years and don't see how this can possibly affect PHP or vB's ability to verify a URL using URL variables.

Leave a comment:

• Vigile
    replied
    Cookie domain is blank.

Okay guys. I appreciate the comments but no one has really even suggested anything to try... ?

If you can describe out the registration URL page works besides taking the variables in the URL and checking them, then verfiying the users account... please do.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I'd trust Kier's judgement on this one!

One thing I didn't ask - what do you have as your Cookie Domain setting in the Admin CP?

Leave a comment:

• Vigile
    replied
    I dont understand how that would affect anything, guys.

In my options, my URL is this: http://www.amdmb.com/vb

So that should work.... right?

Why isn't email verification working then? It's a just a URL from an email! The link works, it finds the page and everything, it just says there a problem. It's not like I am getting a 404 error or anything.

Leave a comment:

• Kier
    replied
    Having your forums accessible through two different URLs is always a bad idea... especially if the two urls aren't even of the same domain. I'm afraid you are asking for problems doing this...

Leave a comment:

• Vigile
    replied
    Anyone besides smachol wanna take a stab at this?

Please?

Leave a comment:

• indiamike
    replied
    I saw this happen on another forum here that I joinded today. If it's any help they were using the latest version of VB.

I don't use the email verification on my forums so I can't check it.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Well I'm out of ideas. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Vigile
    replied
    Tired of hearing from me smachol?

I am still trying to figure this one out:

The link: http://www.amdmb.com/vb/register.php...340&i=74630813

doesn't work, but then using the form and using the same number with that account works fine.

http://www.amdmb.com/vb/ is the forum. Me and my sys admin decided the htaccess should affect anything on it at all.

If anyone can help, I would appreciate it!

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    It's just a guess on my part - that's all. The fact that you have it set up so that www.amdmb.com/vb/ and www.amdforums.com/ point to the same directory may be the cause of the problem. As I said, without knowing exactly what you've done I can't even begin to guess.

Leave a comment:

• Vigile
    replied
    How does htaccess affect the address:

To complete your registration, click on the link below:
    http://www.amdmb.com/vb/register.php...954&i=36122230

That is what is not working.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    The vb directory did not work when I tested it before. regardless it sounds like your done some modifications to htaccess or something else that may be icausing this problem. Not knowing what exactly you've done, I can't even begin to offer a solution.

Leave a comment:

• Vigile
    replied
    No, www.amdmb.com/vb/ and www.amdforums.com/ are the same directory with Apache.

So, go to www.amdmb.com/vb/ and register -- the same thing happens.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X