Ugh, PHP timeout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh, PHP timeout

I was deleting a forum that had many subforums, I wanted them all gone. The script timedout, but the forum was still gone. So I am wondering, are there a bunch of subforums/threads that are still in the db taking up space that I can't access through the admin?

1. are you on dedicated hosting or virtual shared hosting?
    2. you need to edit your max_execution_time from default 30 seconds in your server's php.ini file and restart apache
    3. if you don't have root server access (only available if you have a dedicated server), then you need to contact your host and ask for them to increase the default php time out value
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Yeah I have my own machine, but the question is what about these posts in the db that now have no forum associated to them?

Comment

They still have a forum associated with them just not a visible one. You will have to find some of the threads that you knew existed and look for them in the database directly by threadid and/or postid.

Or if you know the forumids of the forums you deleted you can use queries to delete the posts from the associated thread and then delete the threads from the database.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by wluke
          They still have a forum associated with them just not a visible one. You will have to find some of the threads that you knew existed and look for them in the database directly by threadid and/or postid.

Or if you know the forumids of the forums you deleted you can use queries to delete the posts from the associated thread and then delete the threads from the database.
          OK I've started that and I have been able to locate some of the rogue threads. Problem is that threads create records in many tables. Can someone summarize all the tables that contain data from a given thread?

Comment

Threads create records in the thread table and no other.

Posts create records in the post table and no other.

There is some associative information about these items held in other tables for performance but when you are done with your manual pruning, you can update those using the Update Counters section in the Admin CP.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by wluke
              Threads create records in the thread table and no other.

Posts create records in the post table and no other.

There is some associative information about these items held in other tables for performance but when you are done with your manual pruning, you can update those using the Update Counters section in the Admin CP.
              what about attachments?

Comment

Attachments are neither threads nor posts and are treated as their own entities in the attachment table.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Working...
                X