Activation Email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Activation Email

I've read a lot of the threads regarding activation emails not being sent. I'm having the same problem. It works some of the times and sometimes it doesn't work. I ran the mailtest.php and it works fine. The settings for php are correct. I just can't figure out why so many of my users aren't receiving any activation emails. It also doesn't seem to be limited to just yahoo/aol/hotmail accounts but it seems almost at random. Even when I go to the Admin CP and resend their activation email to them they still do not receive it.

Anyone have any clues??

p.s. I'm running vB 2.2.3

The only way to know for sure is to look at the mail logs. Are you running on a shared or dedicated server? *nix or Windows?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

running red hat 7.1.. and there are other web sites running on it. do you happen to know where i can find those logs?

Comment

I'm also running RH 7.1. The logs on my system are in the /var/log directory. Look at '/var/log/exim_rejectlog' and '/var/log/maillog' for starters.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Finally had a chance to go though the '/var/log/maillog' and here is what i have below for one of the users that never got their email from vB.

Mar 21 09:27:04 server1 sendmail[24927]: g2LFOmP24924: [email protected], ctladdr=apache (48/48), delay=00:02:16, xdelay=00:02:16, mailer=esmtp, pri=31310, relay=mailserver.xxxxxxxx.com. [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx], dsn=4.0.0, stat=Deferred: 451 <[email protected]>... Sender domain must resolve
          I'm guessing the error is shown there at the end of the line with 'Sender domain must resolve' I have no idea what this means.

Comment

I'm not sure why this outgoing mail shows as being relayed. That shouldn't happen for an email being generated and sent by your system. However it does appear that the sender domain isn't resolving which means there's a problem in your DNS records. Give this information to whoever is running your nameservers.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
            X