Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Certain members can't post. Bogus Guest in "Who's Online".

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certain members can't post. Bogus Guest in "Who's Online".

Some of my members PM'ed me saying they can't post and are getting this message:

"Sorry! The administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 30 seconds."

They have not posted anything beforehand and I have not changed any settings. The only thing I have done prior to this problem was block a member's IP address and to make sure I did an IP check to make sure no other members shared a similar IP. All the members are regulars and are not newbies and they've had no problems before. They are all part of the "Members" group and like everyone else on the board, have the same permissions.

Also, I have put a PHP script in my vB folder and whenever I go to "Who's Online" it always shows a Guest visting that page when it is not even part of the forums. The page is accessible to the public - it is a Headlines page and draws new threads from a certain forum and links them from my home page. I would like to rid the bogus Guest.

My forums are located at: http://www.wrestling-titans.com/forums

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Peter

Not sure about the posting issue.. Was this temporary or is it still happening? What browser are they using?

AS for the guest, it is people visiting your frontpage.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

The posting issue is fine now. It was only temporary and the problem was fixed on its own. I wasn't online when this happened, but according to my members the whole board screwed up for a few hours.

And about this guest problem...I kinda figured that it was visitors viewing it from the home page but is there a way to remove it from the "Who's Online" list? It's kinda annoying.

Comment

I simply turned off all guests from being shown on the Who's Online page.

1) it makes the page load faster.
        2) I care about my members and don't need to track lurkers.

You can change it in the vBulletin Options.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thanks.

vB is so customizeable that even the simplest of adjustments fail to run through your head.

Comment