TRIPLE X-X-X Uploads ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRIPLE X-X-X Uploads ???

In the file upload options area on my control panel it states the following:

Valid Extensions
    Valid extensions that uploads may have. Separate each item with a space. For each extension, you should have a file in the /images/attach/ folder called xxx.gif where xxx is the extension of the file. This allows you to have an icon for each file type.

The file types I have selected as allowable in the next option box on my board are:
    gif jpg png txt bmp jpeg
    What does it mean when it states that "For each extension I should have a file in the /images/attach folder called xxx.gif?

Does this mean that once I turn on the uploads feature of my board(allowing users to upload files), that I should create one file (or folder?) over in /images/attach area with certain names...... or does this mean that as users upload images, the names of the images will be placed in the /images/attach folder area of my website?

Once I've turned on the upload images option in my control panel, do I have to do anything else (create some kind of "xxx.gif... xxx.jpg... etc files) on my website?

Thanks for any help with this one.
    :p -=Xube ®
    ...it's just technology

Related question?

One other (possibly related?) question I had about this is:

Once users start uploading files... is there an area I can go to where I can "prune" or delete these files if I want to eliminate them at some point? I assume they take up space on my web server.
    ...it's just technology

Comment

You have to add any images that we don't provide to you, such as pdf.gif, php.gif, rar.gif, etc. If you don't, a small broken image will appear where the image should go.

Comment

Re: Related question?

Thanks Freddie.

Does anyone have an answer to my other question?

Originally posted by Xube
        Once users start uploading files... is there an area I can go to where I can "prune" or delete these files if I want to eliminate them at some point? I assume they take up space on my web server.
        Where are user uploaded files stored on my board? I'm assuming(?) there is a way to access them...?
        ...it's just technology

Comment

Re: Deleting Uploaded jpg's...gif's... etc

Anybody know this one?

Where are the files that posters upload to my board for download by other users stored ... and how do I go in and clear them out (delete them)?
          ...it's just technology

Comment

Attachments are stored in the database. There is no real easy way to prune them in v2.2.4. Version 3.0 has a section in the control panel to deal with attachments though.

Comment

There are hacks at http://www.vbulletin.org/ to make hacks saved as files instead of in the db...
              --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
              Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
              vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by freddie
                Attachments are stored in the database. There is no real easy way to prune them in v2.2.4. Version 3.0 has a section in the control panel to deal with attachments though.
                Thanks for replying!

Is there at least a way to find where all the attached files are posted in the various threads of my board? Are their certain parameters I can use in my search query? Searching using the word "Attachements" doesn't work.
                ...it's just technology

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X