X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fusion
    replied
    Originally posted by freddie
    Actually it does since it also shows a bit of the thread title which wouldn't be good if you could see private forum thread titles.
    Exactly. Truly paranoid people would have a fit.

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    Originally posted by camoboy
    good point Matt, had not thought of that. It's not high on my priorities or anything, I just thought it was a little odd. Maybe vB 3 will fix that

thanks guys
    Actually it does since it also shows a bit of the thread title which wouldn't be good if you could see private forum thread titles.

Leave a comment:

• camoboy
    replied
    good point Matt, had not thought of that. It's not high on my priorities or anything, I just thought it was a little odd. Maybe vB 3 will fix that

thanks guys

Leave a comment:

• Fusion
    replied
    Granted, but a guy can dream of a perfect world.

Leave a comment:

• MattR
    replied
    That would add, somewhat dramatically I would think, to the load of the system every time you view forums since it would have to check permissions of all the children every time. Painful!

Leave a comment:

• Fusion
    replied
    Intended, maybe, but I think it would be worth considering that the last poster has to be determinded based on wether the user has access to view that forum or not. As camoboy points out, if the user doesn't have such access, that's somewhat confusing. Only visible forums should count.

Leave a comment:

• MattR
    replied
    That is intended functionality -- I think I brought that up long ago and that is what I was told.

Leave a comment:

• camoboy
    started a topic Last poster bug?

Last poster bug?

I did a quick search to see if this had come up before, but wasn't in the first 2 pages of results so I guess not

Anyway, we have a forum accessible to everyone, within that forum we have a subforum which is 'private' (for admins only)

On the main index page, the last poster in the private subforum shows as the last poster in the parent forum even to people who can't see the subforum, which would probably throw a few of them since they'd open the forum and see that there is no post by the last poster mentioned.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Working...
X