Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spell check

Hello

Just got my new forum up and running, and was wondering were the spell check is.

I can't see it anywhere.

Any ideas??

Thanks

PLEASE VISIT US HERE. THANKS IN ADVANCE

It doesn't exist anymore since Spellchecker.net discontinued their free service.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks smachol

I priced it lol wow They want allot of cash for that thing.

I will just use word to check my spelling lol cheeper

Cheers

Comment

try http://spellechecker.com select home personal then on left side select downloads, then select spellchecker for your website and follow instructions loaded on my websites about a month ago no problems so far
        Real Web Host

Comment

YOu know whats funny, I am like the only one that still has this service on my forums! !00% working, and I never payed them anything

Pretty cool eh

Comment

Hello

They no longer have one for websits by the look of it.

Nice site by the way

Comment

I'm confused . . .

Take a look at this price for non-Business:

AutoSpell Max Electronic Delivery- SP-ASMAX ND [1.32MB] $34.95
              AutoSpell Max- SP-ASMAX $39.95

AutoSpell Max is a spelling checker that runs with all supported applications specially designed for online communication programs.

It is installed as an add-on and is available when you create or edit a message. Most importantly, it automatically pops up and checks for misspellings when you finish composing a message and press the Send button. You don't have to remember to do anything!

If you prefer to check your spelling manually rather than automatically, you can do so.

Easy to Use:
              AutoSpell plugs right into your existing application, so it works like part of your e-mail client. You can check spelling just by clicking a button in the application’s toolbar. Best of all, you can tell AutoSpell to check spelling automatically whenever you click Send, so you’ll never forget to spell-check a message again!

Supports spell-checking in 8 languages:
              Includes dictionaries for 8 languages: Danish, Dutch, English (American, U.S.), English (British, U.K.), French, German, Italian, and Spanish.

It’s “Internet-smart”:
              Includes a specialty dictionary for spell checking Internet terms. AutoSpell can recognize web page URLs, e-mail addresses, file names, and other Internet terms, and won’t report them as misspelled.

Installs in seconds:
              Just run the no-hassle installation program, and you’re ready to go!

Powerful spell checking engine:
              AutoSpell™ for Microsoft Office uses the same spelling engine used in our other award winning products.

Many user-customizable options, including:

Optionally ignores: words with all uppercase, mixed case, initial capitalization, pure numbers, text of original message (for replies or forwarding), file names and directories, common internet words and email quotations.

Optionally finds: repeated words, uncapitalized sentences, words beginning with numbers (for example, "4th").

Powerful custom dictionary lets users enter words to ignore, flag as incorrect, or automatically replace with specific text.

Other custom features: Splits contractions Splits hyphenated words Re-checks text typed in as a replacement, and more!
              FOR BUSINESS USE:

AutoSpell for MS Outlook Web Electronic Delivery- SP-OWA ND [250KB] $999.00
              AutoSpell for Outlook Web Access, Server Edition- SP-OWA $999.00

This product integrates directly with Microsoft Outlook Web Access giving users powerful, full-featured spell checking functionality instantly with our award-winning, easy-to-install, server-based spell checker. With absolutely no client-side installation, plus support for multiple languages and custom dictionaries, OWA users can send letter-perfect messages every time. Works with Windows NT/2000 using Exchange 2000 or 5.5.

Auto Spell for Outlook Web Access:
              Operating Environment:
              indowsNT/2000
              Exchange 5.5
              Exchange 2000

*** Includes Active X DLL

Autospell Toolkit for MS Outlook Web Access:

Now with Exchange 2000 Service Pack 2 support!

FOR YOUR BUSINESS:

Handles ALL Exchange server topologies.
              Whether your server configuration is stand-alone, multiple front-end/back-end servers (with or without load balancing), AutoSpell performs flawlessly. For front-end/back-end installation, licenses must be purchased to allow installation on all servers used by OWA.

No programming required.

Just install AutoSpell on your server, and it's ready to go!

Complete flexibility in spell checker selection with no code changes.

With our universal standard interface, you can switch among many spell checker engines without changing your source code. AutoSpell Toolkit includes its own spell checking engine which supports 8 languages.

However, you also have the flexibility to select from other spell checking engines for which you have the properly licensed software, including Microsoft Office 97 or Office 2000.

No client-side installation.

Your OWA users will be able to spell check their messages from any PC with no extra software installed. AutoSpell uses a simple, server-side-only installation -- users can begin spell checking immediately!

Supports spell-checking in multiple languages.
              AutoSpell can be configured to allow users to select a language for spell-checking, depending upon the language support and dictionaries installed on the server. Standard available languages include: English (American), English (U.K.), Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, and Spanish.

For installations using Microsoft Office 97 or Office 2000, AutoSpell supports all languages included with these products, as well as the languages available in Microsoft's Multi Pack.

One-time, server-based licensing fee.
              No subscription fees. Quantity discounts and site licenses are available.

Expert technical support available.
              Our staff of dedicated professionals are available to assist you with all your support needs on an ongoing basis when you purchase our technical support services package. Ask your sales representative for details.

Supports all versions of Exchange with one installation program.
              Whether your servers are running Exchange 5.5, 2000, 2000 SP1, or 2000 SP2, AutoSpell performs flawlessly, so there's no need to worry if you plan an upgrade in the near future, and no complicated installation issues.

FOR YOUR OWA USERS:
              Easy to use.
              One button in the OWA message window launches the spell checker.

Separate window for spell checking.
              AutoSpell uses a separate window for spell checking so that the user's work is never obstructed from view.

On line Help
              Describes how to use features and options.

Many user-customizable options, including:

Optionally ignores: words with all uppercase, mixed case, initial capitalization, pure numbers, text of original message (for replies or forwarding), file names and directories, common internet words and email quotations.

Optionally finds: repeated words, uncapitalized sentences, words beginning with numbers (for example, "4th").
              Powerful custom dictionary lets users enter words to ignore, flag as incorrect, or automatically replace with specific text.

Other custom features: Splits contractions Splits hyphenated words Re-checks text typed in as a replacement, and more!

Okay, I am assuming for a VBulletin forum I need to purchase the $999.00 item.

But does this get installed on my server? If so, how does it automatically interface with the VBulletin Control Panel and does it appear in the Message Box for forum members?

David

DAVID COPELAND
              Licensed VB Holder Since 2000
              Celebrating 20 Years with VB

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X