Bandwidth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bandwidth?

According to my domain's stats page (sorry, I don't speak French either ), I've transferred only 65 MB in about two weeks. On average I have four to five people online at once, give or take a guest. Does this sound right? I thought vBulletin took up a lot more bandwidth; I was expecting at least several hundred MB in a couple weeks.
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

it uses hardly any, especially if you have GZIP enabled

Comment

Nope that sounds about right.

I use about 45mb transfer a day and i only have 64 members but they all post loads.

I know some sites use like 5+Gb's a month!

Comment

Jeez, you guys sure just saved me a lot of money, I thought my site would use a ton

Does it sound right that something like VB Forums uses 30 GB/month?

Comment

With these stats:

Registered Members: 27,839
          Total Threads: 146,802 | Total Posts: 827,321
          Welcome to our newest member, e2cheng

I think so.

Comment

Yes that sounds about right.. We use almost 30 gigabytes a month for SitePointforums.com. Though tracking it is a little skewed now since images are served by their own webserver process now.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Disregarding about number of registered members, posts and based on concurrent users only,

I'd guess both Sitepointforum and VB forums has average concurrent users of 80 ==> 30GB

My site has about 20 concurrent users, average of 800 posts per day, so I'd guess it's about 7GB, am I right?

Somehow Venture's CP confused me, that's why I wasn't sure.
              My forum's vB3 version: 3.6.8

Comment

Wow..wish I was only using that...

We are using 5GB/DAY!!!

150GB per month and growing.

I have about 5400 users with 450 online at peak time and growing still. I do have attachments enabled so many users exchange pictures of their stuff which is about 1GB of the total and the rest is mostly thread views.

We will be at 10GB per day (300GB per month within 100 days I project). Getting expensive now.......
                Last edited by mvigod; Sat 9 Mar '02, 7:03am.
                Marc
                -------

Comment

NZGames.com hit 45GB/week in mid-January

Comment

Members: 1,842 | Threads: 9,535 | Posts: 106,621

gzip enabled @ level 1, using about 10gb/mo.

Comment

Originally posted by mvigod
                      Wow..wish I was only using that...

We are using 5GB/DAY!!!

150GB per month and growing.

I have about 5400 users with 450 online at peak time and growing still. I do have attachments enabled so many users exchange pictures of their stuff which is about 1GB of the total and the rest is mostly thread views.

We will be at 10GB per day (300GB per month within 100 days I project). Getting expensive now.......
                      hmm, now yours aint normal, plus your forums are gzipped.
                      that's too much traffic for a board like yours with gzip IMO
                      Is this one or two boxes?
                      I've seen UBB's[ewww] with 40.000 members w/o gzip using no more than 500GB monthly.
                      You're my Prince of Peace
                      And I will live my life for You

Comment

Okay, I just checked again (http://stats.nfrance.com/adrienne/turtletips.com/) and now I'm at 555 MB! So 2 GB/month without GZip, does that sound 'bout right? Seems kinda high...

Comment

Originally posted by nuno

hmm, now yours aint normal, plus your forums are gzipped.
                          that's too much traffic for a board like yours with gzip IMO
                          Is this one or two boxes?
                          I've seen UBB's[ewww] with 40.000 members w/o gzip using no more than 500GB monthly.
                          This is all one one box with dual 1Ghz CPU's. We see around 150,000 page views per day according to vbstats.

We are gzip at level one but I noticed not every browser negotiates that like some older ones or mac's it seems. My mac always pulls down the whole home page ungzipped and the pc does gzip which makes it like 1/6th the size.

figure 1GB for images and 4GB for everything else. With 150,000 daily page views and 5,000 unique daily users is the 5GB still off the mark you think? If there is a way to cut this down without sacrificing features I'm all for it.

If you have 150,000 daily page views and each page is average 25k across the board gzipped and non gzipped combined for browsers uncapable you get 3.75GB right? add another 1GB for attachments and your at 5GB give or take...
                          Last edited by mvigod; Sat 9 Mar '02, 4:34pm.
                          Marc
                          -------

Comment

How about 20 gig a DAY Our users love images... we have custom thumbnailing and multiple-image-per post routines to help cut down on bandwidth.
                            vB Retro -> See vBulletin 1.1.2 and travel back to the Year 2000!
                            Overgrow the Government: The Edge Forums
                            presented by Overgrow Marijuana Magazine

*warning: adult content since vB1.1... now faster than ever!

Comment

20 Gig a day?

Woa..... That is some major bandwidth usage. Now I understand why the web doggs at times. It's OverGrow!!!!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X