Attachments not working after 2.2.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attachments not working after 2.2.3

I checked and made sure that all the new templates were original (they are all original)...

The only edited templates I have are footer, header, etc

Let me know what other info you might need to solve the problem

Thanks

Hmm... I still can't figure this out

Comment

I experienced this as well after I upgraded from 2.2.2 to 2.2.3b.
      Haven't tried to find out where the bug is though...

Comment

Please provide the following information:[list=1][*]URL of your forums[*]PHP version (and whether is was patched to handle file uploads properly)[*]MySQL version[*]Apache/webserver version[*]Server operating system[*]Any error message you are getting[*]Whether or not you have edited any files*[/list=1]
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I also just upgraded and Attachments arent working on my forum now either !!!!!

I havent made any changes at all, I upgraded and now no worky

http://www.xp-erience.org/forum

Comment

Try this...

I believe this is a bit of a bug created in 2.2.3b, for a purpose if you will. What vB attempts to do now is dynamically determine if file_uploads is on, and include the enctype only if it's on. This prevents the no thread/forum specified error.

However, it is possible that if it gets a false negative, that attachments won't work. (Unfortunately, PHP's setting-retrieving functions aren't always reliable) Hopefully, you'll be one of the few with this problem.

The fix is a pretty simple template modification. You need to replace:

$enctype

with:

enctype="multipart/form-data"

In the editpost, modifyavatar, newreply, and newthread templates. The editing instructions are the same as in http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=41098 , except in step 4, you want to do the replacement specified above.

Comment

Thanks Ed , that fixed it for my board..

Comment

OK that works, but isn't $enctype supposed to be one of the new features of 2.2.3? Is there a way to get it to work using that code rather than enctype="multipart/form-data" ?

Here are my specs:

1: http://www.hardcoreware.net/forum/
                2: PHP Version 4.1.2
                3: MySQL 3.23.45
                4: Apache not sure which
                5: Redhat Linux
                6: No error message
                7: No related files were edited

Comment

Find your php.ini file -- make sure file_uploads is actually turned on in that file. Not somewhere like in yout httpd.conf file. If it's off, turn it on and restart Apache. (That assumes you have a dedicated server though.)

Alternatively, since you're on PHP 4.0+, you can do a replacement of get_cfg_var with ini_get in editpost.php, member.php, newreply.php, and newthread.php. The template edit would probably be the easiest thing though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Sullivan
                    Find your php.ini file -- make sure file_uploads is actually turned on in that file. Not somewhere like in yout httpd.conf file. If it's off, turn it on and restart Apache. (That assumes you have a dedicated server though.)

Alternatively, since you're on PHP 4.0+, you can do a replacement of get_cfg_var with ini_get in editpost.php, member.php, newreply.php, and newthread.php. The template edit would probably be the easiest thing though.
                    I checked, and file_uploads is indeed on.

Comment

I had the same problem. I made the following changes as suggested above and now it works..

Comment

Originally posted by lowlight
                        I checked, and file_uploads is indeed on.
                        Then I don't know what get_cfg_var() is doing -- it's supposed to read from there.

You can try that ini_get change too if you wish.

Comment

What does "$enctype" do? Should I bother worrying about it, or just be happy that I got it working with the old function?

Comment

The script now checks to see if file_uploads is on (using get_cfg_var, since ini_get isn't in PHP3), and if so, it sets $enctype to enctype="multipart/form-data" otherwise, it sets it to nothing. The consequences of not doing this in previous versions was that when you turned of file_uploads, you got the 'no forum/thread specified' error. This is simply trying to prevent that.

Hence, that template change is, in essence, saying "force get_cfg_var('file_uploads') to be on and set $enctype." Nothing more.

Comment

Actually I noticed this problem yesterday as well. All I did to fix it was add the line "file_uploads= 1" to my php.ini. After that Attacments are working again.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X