Forum Leaders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Leaders

Why does the forum leaders page show all the forums that have mods to any user, even admin forums that normal users should not be able to see?

It doesn't do that on my forums. I just checked on my forums as 'Guest' and 'Registered' and didn't see the private forums.

What version are you running? Are you sure you have your permissions set correctly?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I'm running (I'm admin'ing with Chris on my forums) 2.2.2; even though he and I are admins, we assigned ourselfs as mods to some forums just for appearance's sake, but it shows up in the Forum Leaders multiple times as us being mods and admins.
      --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
      Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
      vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

It shows up for who? As I said, on my forums Guests and Registered cannot see the list of Mods for private forums when viewing my Forum Leaders page.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I assume it shows up for everybody: http://www.turtletips.com/forums/showgroups.php?s=

Comment

Hmmm....so it does! I have no idea why. It doesn't do that on my forums.

Try reuploading showgroups.php. If that doesn't you might want to fill out a support request at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support.php

Be sure to include the info to access your Admin CP.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

If you "Moderating and Adminstring Duties" forum is inheriting it's permissions from a parent forum, than it will show up on the list due to a known bug.

Comment

I see you are a vBulletin Developer freddie...any chance this issue will be fixed soon?

and 2.2.3 has been released, is it fixed there?

Thanks for the ideas smachol, will try.

Comment

No the bug isn't going to be fixed in v2.x due to the complexity of it. It has already been taken care of in v3.0

The suggested fix is to set permissions directly for those forums and not to allow them to inherit permissions. That will resolve your problem.

Comment

I tried that and it seems to have worked, thanks

Comment

Thanks from me, also

BTW on another note, Freddie, do you have a higher-res version of your avatar?

Comment

Just a info for freddie & Co. (if you don't know it already; just don't want that this got lost):

The same bug occurs within online.php.

Mystics

Comment

Originally posted by Mystics
                          Just a info for freddie & Co. (if you don't know it already; just don't want that this got lost):

The same bug occurs within online.php.

Mystics
                          Yes, we know.

Comment

mm if it is allowed i had made an little fix for
                            this bug it's not very difficult and didn't change the bug it self
                            but it stops to show the bug

easy help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X