Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubb 5.46 crashed. 5 Qns on conversion to Vbb

Hi,
    I bought vbulletin yesterday. My purchase number is RE6831284. Here is my background. I am using ubb 5.46 for my virtual server at http://www.3kingdoms.net/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi On saturday the board crashed for no reason. All i see are zero posts for the forums and the diskspace for my server has suddenly ballooned by way over 70mb in a day. I suspect someone has hacked my message board.

The question i want to ask is

1) UltBB.setup file is corrupted (at zero byte) so will i still be able to import all the topics from ubb5.46 to vbulletin intact?

2) 60 member files are corrupted at zero byte too. If the importation is successful and these users register at the board again will i be able to restore their post count and user title to them in vbulletin by editing their particulars?

3) Can i set the board to Singapore time?

4) Since UltBB.setup is corrupted will the forums styles and color format be imported as well?

5) I want to ditch ubb. Will you go the extra mile to import the ubb 5.46 topics to vbb if i pay for a professional installation from you guys?

If you want to set a post count, then you can manually do that, yes, via going to their profile and typing it in. You can also set their custom user title as well. They do have UBB->vB installer scripts, you might check here as well as vbulletin.org for them. Styles and colors I believe can be imported yes, but if they can't, it's not that hard to change unless you're board is hacked to death, in which case I believe you'd have to re-hack it for the vBulletin files. And I'm sure that if you paid for the installation, they would do it. I hope this helps a bit!

Comment

Don't you have any old backup files?

Comment

maybe this will help you out
        http://www.ubbcentral.com/downloads/
        You're my Prince of Peace
        And I will live my life for You

Comment

Thanks for your replies guys. I have managed to upload UltBB.setup and resetup the settings. However i have closed the message board. What's on my mind now is whether the guys at vbulletin can import the data from ubb 5.46 to vbb if i purchase a professional installation from them?

Comment

They should be able to as long as you have all the data. Open a support request at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support.php
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X