Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    it sends mail through the php mail() function and uses the sendmail or SMTP settings from the php.ini files

Leave a comment:

• pgascoine
    replied
    the hosting company asked me the following:
    What email address is this 3rd party software supposed to send notifications from, and how does it access mail on our system?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You need to contact your host and ask them to check the mail logs to find out what's happening to the lost email.

Leave a comment:

• pgascoine
    replied
    I uploaded the script and ran it from:
    http://www.auroma.com/forums/mailtest.php3

and it gave me the following message:
    Mail sent. Were any errors shown? If there were, mail is probably not set up correctly.

However, I did not receive any email. . .

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Upload mailtest.php to your forum directory (it's in the 'extras' folder of the zip file) and run it from your browser. Do you get any errors? Does the mail arrive?

Leave a comment:

• pgascoine
    replied
    Here is some additional information relevant to the problem:

1. the forum is located at www.auroma.com/forums
    2. PHP3 is used
    3. Web Server: Apache/1.3.19 (Unix) FrontPage/5.0.2.2510

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• pgascoine
    started a topic email notification not working - no error message

email notification not working - no error message

I can't send email to users through the admin CP, nor does the system send notification emails when there are postings. The email forgotten password is also not working. However, I do not get any error messages from either the admin CP or the actual forum site.

The system was working several months ago, but not any more. Could it be that the Hosting company changed their settings? If so, what settings could it have been? Just upgraded to 2.2.1, but still not working.

Any help is much appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Tom
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X