Too Many Connections - Error?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Many Connections - Error?

Warning: Too many connections in /home/myvbulletin/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Too many connections in /home/myvbulletin/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.
    What would cause too many connections error? Is this a variable in a file I might be able to edit and change? My board isn't busy. In fact, the most ever online at a time was 8 since November when it opened, it just climbed to a whole 9 the other day. So I know that's not it.

Or, is this something that has to do with my host server ((hostrocket - I know it's bad))?

This is something you'd need to talk to HostRocket about. The max_connections variable is something that only they can control.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesUS
      This is something you'd need to talk to HostRocket about. The max_connections variable is something that only they can control.
      Ugh. Thanks, JamesUS. I'll contact them, though I'd rather eat nails than have to talk to hostrocket. They really are a lousy service. :s

Thanks again.

Rose

Comment

Originally posted by Rose

Ugh. Thanks, JamesUS. I'll contact them, though I'd rather eat nails than have to talk to hostrocket. They really are a lousy service. :s

Thanks again.

Rose
        they had SQL problems last night again, i received them to, it was likely a temp problem.
        MCSE, MVP, CCIE
        Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by Asendin

they had SQL problems last night again, i received them to, it was likely a temp problem.

A temp problem, maybe, but it's something that happens once or twice every few weeks. That sounds like a regular problem to me.

You have hostrocket? Do they seem to treat you good? I get a lot of blank white pages that I have to 'refresh' to get information to show up on. :s

Comment

yes i use hostrocket, they do have some times when they do work and it slows down service but i find it pretty good.
            depending on what account your on you should be fine and not be receiving those errors, if you are receiving them that much i would contact hostrocket and ask for brendan or Joe to look into the problem.
            MCSE, MVP, CCIE
            Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Did you try setting $usepconnect in your config.php to 0?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X