i have the same problem on my 2.30

Leave a comment:

• Mike Warner
    replied
    Bump

Leave a comment:

• Mike Warner
    replied
    I haven't posted to this tread for a while as this has been more of an inconvenience than a problem.

Today, I got a report from a privallaged user who has access to many extra forums and is a staff member (although not a moderator).

He found a post posted in his name which he did not make. The content of the post made it obvious that it was someone he works with who also uses my site. I would expect that the other user did not spot he was logged in as someone else, but this outlines that it is happening - although certainly through the same proxy in this case.

On thing that does worry me it that in the UK there are two major Vauxhall car clubs. The VxlSCC and MIG (my club). By pure coincidence, I work with one of the VxlSCC staff members and we connect to the net at work through a single proxy. It would be a major problem if he could see posts in our staff forums.....

I will look into the suggestions made above - but hopefully this will not be a problem in vB3. I am using 2.3.2

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by Cynthia
    All the members involved have their setting as such smachol. That was the first thing I checked.
    The only other thing I can think of is that these users are accessing your site from the same computer. Otherwise having separate cookies should solve the problem. If it ain't that, then I really don;' know what the solution is.

Leave a comment:

• Anime-loo
    replied
    ive had this happen under 2.2.5 aswell

Leave a comment:

• Cynthia
    replied
    All the members involved have their setting as such smachol. That was the first thing I checked.

Leave a comment:

• LeeS
    replied
    smachol: This is (imo) what caused the issue in the first place. I switched both users to non-cookie (url based) tracking and the problem disappeared. Setting no-cache headers also helps to cure the problem, and may resolve the issue with cookie-based tracking as well. I've not done enough experimentation (nor do I intend to on a production board) to come up with a definative solution.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Set both 'Automatically login when you return to the site? (uses cookies)' and 'Browse board with cookies?' to yes for the affected users.

Leave a comment:

• Cynthia
    replied
    I think it is proxy related too. But what's the solution?

Leave a comment:

• jbourke
    replied
    Never mind.

The problem turned out to be due to the ISP of the two posters in question. Apparently their proxy is misconfigured.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• jbourke
    replied
    I just experienced the exact same problem today: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...987#post345987

I run a fairly large forum (9,000+members) and I've never seen this problem before.

I note that both posters are from the UK. They show up as having the same IP. Seems that this really could be a proxy issue.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• Cynthia
    replied
    I guess trying is the only way to find out. Thanks for your reply.

Leave a comment:

• LeeS
    replied
    That depends very much on your hardware. Our forums used to run on a RaQ4i with 512mb ram. Load when we had 70 users on without no-cache headers would be 2.00ish, with no-cache headers would be 5.00'ish. I've since moved to a completely dedicated P41.7/1024mb ram job with the database on a seperate hard disk and the load has never gone over 0.8 with nocache headers on, gzip enabled and 130 odd members on at a time.

Give it a try, your milage will vary.

Leave a comment:

• Cynthia
    replied
    I've had two members report this same problem. They have logged in as someone else. In checking IP numbers I've found that those usernames involved have used the same proxy but they all have auto login and browse with cookies enabled too.

I also found at least 12 other members using this same proxy though no complaints from them.

What to do? To add no-cache headers will cause a server load increase. Will it be a significant increase? Is there no other way to fix this?

Leave a comment:

• Mike Warner
    replied
    I use bt openworld and have no problems. The other guy "wayne hiscock" does not use open world.

I can't see that this would be the problem.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X