Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone help me out with a small problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone help me out with a small problem?

Hi guys I have a small problem. I was wondering if anyone knows of a place were I could take a look at a dark blue to very light blue gradient. I need to pick 2 colors out to use on my site as a background and foreground color and I would like them to work together well.

Thanks

this is how I do that

My advice:

Download and install Macromedia Dreamweaver 4 (www.macromedia.com) (30 days trail) and open a new document, goto menubar > insert > table > 5 rows > 3 columns and OK that.

Then just click on a cell or row/column and goto background colour, then select > pick a color and click on a blue, there you got a nice gradient from black > blue > white. Select one and go see how it looks on the page.

If it is too light, goto another cell, and do the same, just go a big higher or lower, this way you find out very easily which colours /gradients of blue work together in a forum and which done.

Once you got the ones you want to use, write down their colour #hex and use that in the admin control panel of vbulletin.

works perfect and works for me !

Comment

This is for vbulletin not a webpage. Or are you suggesting this for Vbulletin?

Comment

yes

Yeah,

What I meant was, you can instead of just taking hours of colour snatching from other sites, just try making it in 10 to 30 mins yourself, using a html program like dreamweaver.

See my screenshot, I made the cells, picked a background colour and with the colour picker I just go through different blue's .. because I did not know which to start with, I just picked a blue and tried out from there...

I did the same with the purple site I have now @ creations.nl. So as you can see, you can get your own colour scheme in just 15 minutes or so, that everybody loves.

Comment

Thanks very much i'll check that out.

Comment

I use colorschemer at http://www.colorschemer.com Free 15 day trial and $25 registration. They also have an online version of the program.

Comment