No announcement yet.

[HowTo] vBcode [quote]..[/quote] in a box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EDIT: I figured it out! I must have just mispasted something before, or perhaps I had that one checkbox at the bottom checked on the vB code page.

Great hack, thanks!

One thing though, I noticed the vB code section has redundant values for what goes in the .mytable in the header insert. Should I be putting something different in the vB code replacement section?
    Last edited by Denjin; Tue 26 Feb '02, 11:50am.

Comment

Originally posted by Denjin
      Great hack, thanks!
      No problem, happy to hear that you got it working.

One thing though, I noticed the vB code section has redundant values for what goes in the .mytable in the header insert. Should I be putting something different in the vB code replacement section?
      Maybe it is because it is late, but I just do not quite understand what you mean here.

Comment

Originally posted by nuno
        very nice
        that would be awesome with vBcode [ code ][ /code ] and [ php ][ /php ]
        Changind the [ PHP ] and [ CODE ] display - inspired from [HowTo] vBcode [ quote ]..[ /quote ] in a box - hack by xiphoid

From the left menu, browse down to the "Styles"-section and select 'Modify'
        Click on '[fonts/colors/etc]' and browse down to the "Head Insert:"

Find:

Code:
        .thtcolor {
        	COLOR: #EEEEFF;
        }
        Replace with:

Code:
        .thtcolor {
        	COLOR: #EEEEFF;
        }
        .mytable {  border: 1px #000000 solid; background-color: #ffffff; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; color: #333333; text-decoration: none
        }
        In the admin\functions.php

Find:

Code:
        </normalfont><blockquote><pre><smallfont>PHP:</smallfont><hr>$buffer<hr></pre></blockquote><normalfont>
        Replace with:

Code:
        <table width='95%' align='center'><tr>    <td><font face='Arial' size=1 color=#000000><b>PHP</b></font></td>
        </tr><tr><td class='mytable'>$buffer</td></tr></table>
        =============================================

In the admin\functions.php

Find:

Code:
        </normalfont><blockquote><pre><smallfont>code:</smallfont><hr>" . str_replace("<br>", "", str_replace("<br />", "", $foundcode) ) . "<hr></pre></blockquote><normalfont>
        Replace with:

Code:
        <table width='95%' align='center'><tr><td><font face='Arial' size=2 color=#000000><b>CODE:</b></tr><tr><td class='mytable'>" . str_replace("<br>", "", str_replace("<br />", "", $foundcode) ) . "</td></tr></table>
        P.S. You can change colors

Comment

[moderator wanna be]

Please do not post code modifications on these boards.

Comment

It seams to be this hack FireFly posted on vB.org.

Hhmmm ....

Who developed?
            MfG
            Wolf(42)gang

Never trust a smiling Wolfi

Comment

Who developed this?

FireFly applied the [ codes ] in a box things on vbulletin.org a while later, chen made own version and made also code hacks.

I made this template one, and html is html

Comment

xiphoid, you made my day, thanks for this great tip/hint

Comment

Originally posted by kvk007
                  xiphoid, you made my day, thanks for this great tip/hint
                  No problem, my friend.

Comment

It is very nice, but...

I just tried to view my forum with Netscape 4.78, and found a problem with the text in posts that uses quote boxes; Below the quote boxes the text is not rendered with the anticipated "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif"-font, but with Times. All othet text is rendered as it should be (in Netscape 4.78) both above and below the posts with quote boxes.

In IE and Opera everything is fine.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Kurosawa
                      It is very nice, but...

I just tried to view my forum with Netscape 4.78, and found a problem with the text in posts that uses quote boxes; Below the quote boxes the text is not rendered with the anticipated "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif"-font, but with Times. All othet text is rendered as it should be (in Netscape 4.78) both above and below the posts with quote boxes.

In IE and Opera everything is fine.

Any suggestions?
                      I have no idea,
                      it looks the same here in Internet Explorer 5.5/ 6.0 - Netscape 4.78/ 6.x - Opera 6.x - Mozilla 0.9.9

Comment

Ummm I need some help I was tryin to do somethin and ended up deleting my quote bbcode is there any way to restore the bbcodes back to the origonal ones??

Comment

Originally posted by Knux
                          Ummm I need some help I was tryin to do somethin and ended up deleting my quote bbcode is there any way to restore the bbcodes back to the origonal ones??
                          View original template/ Revert template ?

Comment

no I had to delete the BBcode so it isn't there I didn't think about that till afterwards can anyone help??

Comment

Originally posted by Knux
                              no I had to delete the BBcode so it isn't there I didn't think about that till afterwards can anyone help??
                              I am not sure if we are allowed to give code/original vb stuff through this forum. But its quite simple i think
                              it was a line with quote:
                              and then <hr> for a line
                              then {param} to get the content of the quote
                              and then another <hr>
                              You can try to make it yourself again?
                              Just play around!
                              Or install a test version on another web server (localhost?) and then check in the admin control panel.

Comment

Never mind it works GREAT THX!
                                Last edited by Knux; Thu 2 May '02, 2:52am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X