Ahh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahh!

Warning: Too many connections in /home/teenaged/public_html/admin/db_mysql.php on line 38

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

read http://www.mysql.com/doc/T/o/Too_many_connections.html

if you have your own dedicated servers you can increase the max_connections limit via settings you place or alter in a /etc/my.cnf file on your server

i can try and help you tweak mysql, please provide the following

1. your server specs, such as mysql and php version
    2. if possible how mysql was compiled/installed
    3. your top stats
    4. your mysql configuration variables located at /etc/my.cnf or c:\my.cnf if on Windows server if you don't have that file you need to log into telnet and as root user type

mysqladmin -u root -p variables

copy and paste output here

5. your mysql extended-status output either still telnet as root user type

mysqladmin -u root -p extended-status

copy and paste output here

or preferred is to installed extended-status output script which is located at http://vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=3477

and post url to that here

6. oh and is your vB the only thing on the server? or other scripts? sites?

7. how many average and max concurrent users on your vB forum ?
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

I am not running MySQL or my vbulletin boards on a dedicated server. Should I be? Are most people? I've emailed my host asking what I should do and if they can increase the max_connections variable.

Comment

Originally posted by neal
        I am not running MySQL or my vbulletin boards on a dedicated server. Should I be? Are most people? I've emailed my host asking what I should do and if they can increase the max_connections variable.
        yes you'd have to ask your web host

remember with shared hosting you're sharing those max_connections with other sites

so if you grow larger enough or your host's server is overcrowding their servers or have a few bigs sites on the server it can affect your performance

advantages of dedicated hosting is you get all the resources to yourself
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

shared hosting

Hey,

I am on a virtual server, sharing those max connections with many other sites (probably).

Is there any way to see with a connection.php file (or otherwise) how many connections at 'that' moment there are in use? Or can only a root user see this through mysql console?

If I ask my hosting provider the max, and they 'lets say:' say 100, is there any way I can set this in the admin control panel, so when it reaches (uhm) 90 they get a page: oi, we are so busy right now, please check back later ?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X