PHP.EXE Initialization Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP.EXE Initialization Failure

Running Windows 2000 Adv Server, PHP in CGI mode (not ISAPI). On all servers running PHP for vBulletin forum use only, I get the popup dialog as shown in the image attached.
    Neal Culiner
    President, NC Software, Inc.
    Logbook Pro Pilot Flight Logbook Software
    Visual Basic Developer Forums

I'm sorry we don't provide direct support for installing PHP. You can read the little bit we have in the manual about it but to get direct support you should try the PHP mailing lists at www.php.net.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I did post to PHP.NET, I'm just posting here 1) to see if anyone knows of a resolution, and 2) to keep the vB community informed and I'll reply if I hear something from PHP themselves, so others can learn from the response.
      Neal Culiner

Comment

running PHP as CGI really sux you know?
        You're my Prince of Peace
        And I will live my life for You

Comment

Can you tell me the exact steps to configure it as ISAPI? When I try that, it fails, if you can tell me exactly how to setup the ISAPI I'd love to try!

Thanks!
          Neal Culiner

Comment

http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.php

Comment

I pointed the .php extension to the DLL as it says.

Do I change "Scripts" to "Scripts and Executables" in the Home tab? Or, am I supposed to change NTFS permissions to the vBulletin folder in my web folder, in Windows Explorer, to add execute permissions?

Do I add anything to the ISAPI tab of IIS?
              Neal Culiner

Comment

I tried these instructions, they tell you nothing! It doesn't tell you how to configure ISAPI at all! I went to one of the links within, but it is incomplete too! This is frustrating! If someone could just lay out the details on configuring ISAPI use of PHP in Win2K I sure would appreciate it!

I went to the HOME tab of IIS on the site for my forums, I clicked Configuration, I changed the .PHP reference to point to the phpisapi.dll that I put in C:\Winnt\System32 (with the other DLL's). I made sure IUSR had Read/Execute in the vBulletin folder, I even tried setting the home directory to "SCRIPTS AND EXECUTABLES" and still, just friggin locks up the server! I have to do 20 IISRESET's to get it back!

Can someone please outline the configuration for PHP to use ISAPI?

Thank you!
                Neal Culiner

Comment

To use the ISAPI module, do the following: [list=1][*]If you don't want to perform HTTP Authentication using PHP, you can (and should) skip this step. Under ISAPI Filters, add a new ISAPI filter. Use PHP as the filter name, and supply a path to the php4isapi.dll.
                  [*]Under 'Home Directory', click on the 'Configuration' button. Add a new entry to the Application Mappings. Use the path to the php4isapi.dll as the Executable, supply .php as the extension, leave Method exclusions blank, and check the Script engine checkbox.
                  [*]Copy "php4ts.dll" to the WINNT/SYSTEM32 folder.[/list=1]

Stop IIS completely (NET STOP iisadmin)

Start IIS again (NET START w3svc)
                  Last edited by nuno; Fri 15 Feb '02, 1:31pm.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, that is what I did, it's very simple!

I did copy all DLL's (extensions, SAPI, and ...ts.dll and .lib) to the system32 folder.

I did change the .php from the php.exe file to the system32\phpisapi.dll.

I did restart IIS, even rebooted

Do I need to set the HOME directory to run SCRIPTS ONLY or SCRIPTS AND EXECUTABLES?

Any special NTFS permissions on the phpisapi.dll or the vBulletin folder for IUSR or anyone else?

It's just not working for some reason! Does the DLL have to be registered?

I am running Windows 2000 Adv Server SP2 and all latest updates.

I can't figure out what's wrong!

PHP 4.1.1
                    Neal Culiner

Comment

whats your file path to PHP?

Comment

Just an as FYI most of the people I have seen talking about using PHP as ISAPI have said it is extremely unstable when more than about 15 people are on the site.

Comment

unix IMO is a better platform for PHP + MySQL

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X