Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me install myb new vBuletin Software on Ventures Online!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George L
    replied
    Originally posted by dalovindj
    Disco.
    glad to see it's working

Leave a comment:

• dalovindj
    replied
    Disco.

Leave a comment:

• dalovindj
    replied
    Grrrrr. I got the software installed (thanks for the help folks), and as soon as I did, my Control Panel at Ventures online stopped letting me in. WTF? I've got an e-mail into them, but does anyone know why this might happen?

My next step was to delete install.php and run the software. I'm so close damnit.

DaLovin' Dj

Leave a comment:

• dalovindj
    replied
    ooops. Cut out the last bit. So do I need to enter this whole string? Where do I find the database password? Just changing it to local host did not work.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• dalovindj
    replied
    OK. So the database will have a different username and password? I can access the following info under "my SQL" under my new database "forum":
    $dbh=mysql_connect ("localhost", "userid_xmb1", "<PASSWORD HERE>") or die ('I cannot connect to the database.');
    mysql_select_db ("gooseisd_xmb1");
    DaLovin' Dj

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Keep servername as 'localhost'. If it still doesn't work, then this means that the username and password is wrong. The ones you got from VO are probably your for your account, not for this particualt database. You need to use the db username and password. Follow the instructions in Craig's post to find these out.

Leave a comment:

• dalovindj
    replied
    Thanks for the help folks, but I'm still having trouble. Here's the deal:

I have to fill in the following fields in the config.php file (I will number them to refer to later):

1. $dbservertype="mysql";

2. $servername="localhost";

3. $dbusername="root";
    4. $dbpassword="";

5. $dbname="vbulletin";
    6. $technicalemail = "[email protected]";

7. $usepconnect = 0;

8. $canviewadminlog = "1";

9. $canpruneadminlog = "";

Now, I have gotten the following info from VO (lettered by me):

A. Username
    B. Password
    C. Website URL
    D. Secure URL
    E. IP Address
    F. Home root
    G. Disk Quota
    H. Front Page
    I. Server Name

So, to repeat the config fields:

1. $dbservertype="mysql";
    This line reads exactly like this

2. $servername="";
    I Input info field I. (from above) between the quotes

3. $dbusername="root";
    Input field A. info

4. $dbpassword="";
    Input field B. info

5. $dbname="";
    Input name of database I created like Craig suggested (forum)

6. $technicalemail = "[email protected]";
    Entered my e-mail address.

7. $usepconnect = 0;
    Left as you see it here.

8. $canviewadminlog = "1";
    Left as you see it here.

9. $canpruneadminlog = "";
    Left blank

What am I doing wrong? I'm not sure if it is important, but I have registered a new domain for this purpose. I am not yet able to use it (they said up to 72 hours - it's been less than 24), I have been using the http://"isp"/cpanel to get into the control panel.

One last thing. here is the error message I keep getting:
    Warning: Access denied for user: '"userid"@"server".vosn.net' (Using password: YES) in /home/"userid"/public_html/forums/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Access denied for user: '"userid"@"server".vosn.net' (Using password: YES) in /home/"userid"/public_html/forums/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/"userid"/public_html/forums/admin/db_mysql.php on line 47

The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please go back to the last step and ensure that you have entered all your login details correctly.
    Thanks for any help you can provide.

Leave a comment:

• Craig Armstrong
    replied
    First, login to CPanel (should be http://www.yourdomain.com/cpanel) and create a new MySQL database (don't worry about adding a new mysql user to the database, you can just use your FTP username and password provided by VO). Now edit config.php with the name of the database you just created.

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    make sure your mysql username and database is in the format

siteusername_mysqlusername

siteusername_mysqldatabasename

and you have mysql server as localhost

Leave a comment:

• Help me install myb new vBuletin Software on Ventures Online!

OK. So I have the vb 2.2.2 software. I just got hooked up with Ventures Online (V500 plan). I used the control panel to upload all of the files (maintaining the structure that was in the zip file) onto the /public_html directory. I was then able to run install.php, but it said it could not connect to the database. It said to make sure my login info was correct in the config.php file.

I'm pretty sure I have the data entered incorrectly in the config.php file. I have all the data VO sent me when I subscribed, I'm just not sure what goes where. Can anyone help walk me through getting my config file straight?

Thanks.

DaLovin' Dj
Working...
X