Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did user register even though moderation was on??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ubbuser
    My coppa grp is totally no posting access, etc. plus the user goes into registration status automatically so how do this grp's permissions matter? however my "enable access masks" is turned off. Is this the problem?

The reason for turning access masks off is that I read the remarks with it "Access masks are a simple way to manage forum permissions, however they add additional queries on most pages. If you don't use it, it is recommended that you disable it."
    enable access masks

try now and see
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Hang on..

Comment

Awesome that worked

Thanks a lot for the solution, it had me worried for sometime. BTW would this enable access mask add to the load? I don't use it elsewhere.?

Comment

Methinks the load went up but I'll check on this again

Comment

Originally posted by eva2000
            enable access masks

try now and see
            You are kidding?? This actually worked? What do access masks have to do with registration moderation?

Comment

Originally posted by ubbuser
              Awesome that worked

Thanks a lot for the solution, it had me worried for sometime. BTW would this enable access mask add to the load? I don't use it elsewhere.?
              it will add to the load but not by much that i can see
              :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
              :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
              :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Yeah I am curious too how does access masks affects this moderation queue when email validation is on too?

Comment

The question is, why do you have to have access masks on for this? Seems like a bug and turning masks on is a workaround.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X