X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database error

Hello

I get vbulletin database error mails regarding a problem with searchindex:
    mysql error: Can't open file: 'searchindex.MYD'. (errno: 145)
    mysql error number: 1016

When I check table from the command line I see

| meerschw_msf.searchindex | check | warning | Table is marked as crashed and last repair failed |
    | meerschw_msf.searchindex | check | warning | Size of indexfile is: 13789184 Should be: 348160 |
    | meerschw_msf.searchindex | check | warning | Size of datafile is: 10657792 Should be: 10657790 |
    | meerschw_msf.searchindex | check | error | Found 23832 keys of 23831 |
    | meerschw_msf.searchindex | check | error | Corrupt |

and trying to repair it:

| meerschw_msf.searchindex | repair | error | 28 when writing to datafile |
    | meerschw_msf.searchindex | repair | status | Operation failed |

What can I do else? Thanks for any help in advance.

Martin

If repair.php doesn't work, you could always empty the search index, then reindex it. (Look at 'Update counters' in the Admin CP for this option.) Depending on how large your board is, this could take quite a while and be resource intensive however.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Re: Database error

Originally posted by martin01
      Hello

I get vbulletin database error mails regarding a problem with searchindex:
      mysql error: Can't open file: 'searchindex.MYD'. (errno: 145)
      mysql error number: 1016

When I check table from the command line I see

| meerschw_msf.searchindex | check | warning | Table is marked as crashed and last repair failed |
      | meerschw_msf.searchindex | check | warning | Size of indexfile is: 13789184 Should be: 348160 |
      | meerschw_msf.searchindex | check | warning | Size of datafile is: 10657792 Should be: 10657790 |
      | meerschw_msf.searchindex | check | error | Found 23832 keys of 23831 |
      | meerschw_msf.searchindex | check | error | Corrupt |

and trying to repair it:

| meerschw_msf.searchindex | repair | status | Operation failed |

What can I do else? Thanks for any help in advance.

Martin
      you have a corrupted searchindex which when ran through repair resulted in a error 28 which means you run out of disk space in your server's mysql partition..

you need to ask your web host either increase the mysql partition size or more likely empty your searchindex and reindex it
      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Hi

Thank you for fast support. I 've checked it and noticed that the var partition is full. I hope my hoster's support is as fast as yours

Thank you!
        Martin

Comment

Originally posted by martin01
          Hi

Thank you for fast support. I 've checked it and noticed that the var partition is full. I hope my hoster's support is as fast as yours

Thank you!
          Martin
          no probs

in the mean time close your forum so as to not corrupt your database anymore while the /var is near full
          :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
          :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X