• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Gronlund
    replied
    Originally posted by Rose
    Thanks, Ascendin & Steve

I tried the config.php, but it's already turned off (the persistant connections), so I guess I'm off to duke it out with hostrocket.

((and wouldn't you know - hostrocket's forums are down right now!))

Thanks again!

they have been since they had a problem with their upstream provider vdi.net, are you on a corporate account with hostrocket? if so you will probably be ok.

if you just recieved a couple of those errors and they have now stopped you are probably ok also, if you get a continous amount of those errors, "say they continue all day long" i would then contact hostrocket.

Leave a comment:

• Rose
    replied
    Thanks, Ascendin & Steve

I tried the config.php, but it's already turned off (the persistant connections), so I guess I'm off to duke it out with hostrocket.

((and wouldn't you know - hostrocket's forums are down right now!))

Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    It's a pretty common error - particularly on overcrowded shared servers. It means that the MySQL server has reached the maximum number of connections allowed in its configuration file.

There's only one thing you can do that might help. Check your config.php file and if 'persistant connections' is turned on, turn them off like ths:

// use persistant connections to the database
    // 0 = don't use
    // 1 = use
    $usepconnect = 0;

If that doesn't help, then the only other option is to do as Ascendin suggests - ask your web host to increase the maximum number of connections they allow.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gronlund
    replied
    it could be your webhost doing work on the SQL server but if it continues i would contact your webhost and ask them to kindly raise the max connections on your SQL server.

Leave a comment:

• Rose
    started a topic Another error - database or server?

Another error - database or server?

Warning: Too many connections in /home/simpson/public_html/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Too many connections in /home/simpson/public_html/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40

The above error is what I get at my board this morning. I've gotten it before and it just kinda went away after a while, but today it's been over two hours, and I don't know how long before I came on. Is this a server error, or a database error? I tend to think it's not in the vbulletin board itself as this affects all three boards on my space, not just mine (I share). Generally when I mess something up, it just affects mine. :s Can someone help me or let me know if I need to contact my *bleep* server host?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X