Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Compilation failed: nothing to repeat at offset 19 ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compilation failed: nothing to repeat at offset 19 ??

I have a small problem with Search.

If I enter a search string that looks like this

*nec* and *45*

I'll get the following error:

Warning: Compilation failed: nothing to repeat at offset 19 in /home/slash/public_html/forums/admin/functions.php on line 288

Warning: Compilation failed: nothing to repeat at offset 19 in /home/slash/public_html/forums/admin/functions.php on line 288

and the posts are empty in thread.

example here:

http://trabant.dna.fi/forums/showthr...c+and+%2A45%2A

VB is 2.2.2
    Last edited by Mika; Wed 6 Feb '02, 9:02am.

Please supply the following information:[list=1][*]PHP version[*]MySQL version[*]Apache/webserver version[*]Server operating system[*]Whether or not you have edited any files and which ones[/list=1]
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Uh, sorry. Forgot those.

PHP is 4.0.6
      MySql 3.23.39
      Apache 1.3.20
      Server Linux RH 7.1 with recent updates

No hacks installed except that I have added the following into functions.php (starting from line 87)

.. code removed because.... ->
      Last edited by Mika; Wed 6 Feb '02, 10:45am.

Comment

I tried the original functions.php with same result.

Warning: Compilation failed: nothing to repeat at offset 19 in /home/slash/public_html/forums/admin/functions.php on line 266

Warning: Compilation failed: nothing to repeat at offset 19 in /home/slash/public_html/forums/admin/functions.php on line 266

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X