Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

same server, different domain - same vBulletin license?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• same server, different domain - same vBulletin license?

aloa

i am not 100% sure if this is the right place to ask this question.. but i didn't know where else to post it.

I have one dedicated server running, which currently hosts 2 main domains:

*.startupx.com (ip: xxx.123.127.246)

and

*.igoods.de (ip: xxx.123.127.245)

I have currently my vBulletin license running at http://forum.startupx.com , but I was wondering if I could use it aswell on forum.igoods.de ... or will I have to purchase another/new license for that?

thanks a lot

cheers,
    jörg

You must buy one license for each domain name, not each server. So in your case, yes, you will need a second license.

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
      You must buy one license for each domain name, not each server. So in your case, yes, you will need a second license.
      I'm confused. Currently, I have the one domain name, but am hosting the board on an ISP's server. I have set it up that the .com domain redirects to the ISP's CGI server (so there's only one installation of VBB and that's on my ISP's server).

Would I have to pay for another licence just because I have a redirection to another domain? If so, i'll just discontinue the redirecting of my .com address to my ISP's CGI server since I cannot afford to shell out another £110 for another licence.

Comment

Re: same server, different domain - same vBulletin license?

Originally posted by gafami
        aloa

i am not 100% sure if this is the right place to ask this question.. but i didn't know where else to post it.

I have one dedicated server running, which currently hosts 2 main domains:

*.startupx.com (ip: xxx.123.127.246)

and

*.igoods.de (ip: xxx.123.127.245)

I have currently my vBulletin license running at http://forum.startupx.com , but I was wondering if I could use it aswell on forum.igoods.de ... or will I have to purchase another/new license for that?

thanks a lot

cheers,
        jörg
        1 vb license = 1 vB database install
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Originally posted by IanW

I'm confused. Currently, I have the one domain name, but am hosting the board on an ISP's server. I have set it up that the .com domain redirects to the ISP's CGI server (so there's only one installation of VBB and that's on my ISP's server).

Would I have to pay for another licence just because I have a redirection to another domain? If so, i'll just discontinue the redirecting of my .com address to my ISP's CGI server since I cannot afford to shell out another £110 for another licence.
          1 vB license for each single vB database installed

so you can have as many domain redirecting to the 1 installed instance of a vb database
          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

ahhh ok.. good to know

thanks a lot for the fast replies.. I wasn't 100% sure and therefore i thought i better ask..

cheers & thanks once again,

jörg

Comment

no probs

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X