Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polls and re-editing posts ...a prob.

Hi,

I posted a question with a poll option checked. Then clicked submit. It went to the next page which showed the detail to put in options for the poll.

However I went back to change the message I had typed. AFter changing the message I went forward again to enter the poll options but this time the software said it was already posting the message!

So now I have an empty message which shows up in the "active threads in nonvb page" which uses the query :

$query = "SELECT thread.lastpost,thread.title,thread.lastposter,thread.replycount,thread.views,user.userid, thread.threadid,thread.forumid$fsel,thread.iconid FROM thread,user$ftitle $wheresql ORDER BY thread.$ob $obdir LIMIT $maxthreads";

When I click on the thread that got "posted" it gives "Invalid thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster"

So firstly how do I removes this thread (will check out the admin section too myself) and is this a feature or a weird condition that got messed up? Thanks in advance!

The invalid thread message happens (I think) if the visiblity is 0 for the thread, so you can *probably* find the thread in the Admin CP under Moderate Posts.

The thread is already posted by the time you hit the Poll page, it just isn't visible. So you in actuality posted *two* threads. You should not hit back after you submit your message, you should wait until you are shown the message and then you can edit it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X