No announcement yet.

install help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is a good up load program other than cuteftp and wsftp?

The cuteftp seems to up load so for and does not go any farther.

Tony

Comment

I have no idea. I use SSH to log into the shell and then use zmodem for all file transfers.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

What ssh and zmodem. And there website.

Early i uploaded everthing with cuteftp. i checked in the cpanel and there was one folder called vbulletin2 but i can't open it and the rest of the folders and files are in there.

I don't thing that is right/

Tony

Comment

There are no websites for ssh and zmodem. These are applications. No offense intended but it doesn't sound like you are quite ready for these anyway.

I don't know what to tell you about your vbulletin2 folder. My suggestion is to contact your host and have them help you with understanding how to upload files to your server and how to use CPanel. If they are not very responsive, you can always order the installation service from vBulletin. I believe the cost is $135.00.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

No offense taken. But i have to make this happen, i know some else what vbulletin also. so need to make it work,

ssh and zmodem, I know that are applications. Were do i get them?

I mean really it is not hard to this. I'm not sure what is going on.

Thank for your help

Comment

Some people use 'putty' as their SSH appliaction. A link to this should be in your C Panel. Zmodem should be running on the server.

As I said, though, I don;t believe you're ready for these. This would require you to work at the Unix/Linux command line interface. Unless you're on a Windows server (ugh!) in which case I have no idea what the similar applications are.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Well i got and i'm stuck at step three. I'm not giving up!!

Ren on the vo forum told me what to and that was i needed to make folder in the public_html dir. called forum and upload to the forum folder folder.

Now i have made to to step three with an error number 1044

Tony

Comment

Can you post the complete error message?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Attempting to attach to database...

Connect failed: unexpected error from the database.

Error number: 1044

Error description: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' to database 'forum'

Please ensure that the database and server is correctly configured and try again

Comment

sounds like your config file isn't set up properly .

Comment

What settings do you think would be off

Comment

One or more of these variables in wrong:

$dbusername (database username)
                          $dbpassword (database password)
                          $dbname (database name)

If you're unsure what these should be, your host should be able to tell you.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

how do you find out what they should be?

Comment

As I said, ask your host.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

will do Thank you

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X