install help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• install help!!!

I'm still tring to install vbulletin. Not having any luck.

I uploaded the upload folder to the server(wich is vo). Using cuteftp to upload the folder.

Now can find which path the install.php is in.

Is there a way to beem up to ciber space and find out what path this install.php is in.

or did i do something wrong.

And thank you for any help!!

Tony

If you uploaded things correctly, install.php will be in your forum's admin directory.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

What is the right way of uploading it. I uploaded the upload folder.

This that right?

Comment

Where did you puload them to, i.e.. which folder on your server? You also need to make sure that the the PHP and style files are uploaded in ASCII and that you retain the directory structure of the zip file.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I don't where the upload folder, when i'm the cpanel i can see in the list with other folders.

i used cuteftp to upload it.

Comment

Then check in CPanel to locate the files you uploaded. I've never used CuteFTP myself (I don't like spyware) so I have no idea if this uploaded things correctly for you. If you're unsure how to use that program, then you'll probably need to dig into the documentation.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

The files in the cpanel would be what ever is in the upload folder.

because that is the only folder

Comment

was i to up vb2 folder?

Comment

If there are no subfolders under 'upload' then CuteFTP did not upload the files correctly or your zip program didn't unzip them correctly (by maintaining the directory structure.)

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

On that should i delete what i uploded? And start over

Comment

It wouldn't hurt. You have nothing to lose.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Thats what i will do then. so do i up from vb2 folder?

And thank you for all your help!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tony
                          so do i up from vb2 folder?
                          I'm not sure what this means. The zip file will create an 'upload' folder along with 'admin', 'mod' and 'extras' subdolders under that.

Create a 'forums' folder on your server and upload everything except 'extras' to that, but make sure that the directory structure is maintained. In otherwords when you are done, you should have a 'forums' directory with 'admin' and 'mod' subdirectories under this. Also be sure that GIF files are uploaded in binary and all other files are uploaded in ASCII.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

One last so i should see the other folders in the cpanel?

thanks again

Comment

Yes, when you are done all these should show up in C Panel.

One other thing I forgot - there should also be a subdirectory called 'images' under the 'forums' directory as well. This in turn will have it's own subdirectories called, 'polls', 'icons', 'smilies', and 'attach'.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X