• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database Error

Hi,

I'm using vbulletin for my site but I keep getting the following error

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: NO) in /www/phunkzforum.com/admin/db_mysql.php on line 34

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: NO) in /www/phunkzforum.com/admin/db_mysql.php on line 34

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

My host said that if I set the host to localhost, this would stop happening, well i've done so, but as you can see i'm still getting the problem...any idea's?!?

Seeing as how you have a host, I'm guessing root/nopassword is not the correct user/pass combo for MySQL.

Ask your host what they are supposed to be as we have no way of knowing.

Comment

Thanks...all my host said was to change to localhost, they never said anything to me about the user/pass combo for MySQL...they've not been much help at all so far...maybe I should look elsewhere

Comment

If your hosting provider sells accounts WITH database (mysql) they HAVE TO provide you with the info:

the host to link to: localhost in most cases
        the database name you are allowed to use
        the username that works on that database
        and a password that works together with the username

If they do not wish to help you, I advice you to indeed look elsewhere, but I think that is just a matter of miscommunication.

Some providers automaticly set the same login/pass to the database as used for ftp and/or e-mail. You could give it a try.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X