Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do i add more descriptions in the author area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i add more descriptions in the author area?

for example, below is my profile shown in the author section to the left of my messages...

mystara

let's say i want to add a line "gender" to the description, what files do i need to edit? thanks for any replies in advance.

You'll need to hack admin/functions.php and probably register.php and member.php. For help with hacking you'll need to ask at vBulletin.org.

Comment

off topic (for 50%) feature suggestion

Uhm,

What I have noticed on the vB site's is that when someone doesn't enter their 'location' field in their profile, on the left it shows: Location:

I kind of would like to see v3 () to not echo out location, if it is empty.

And maybe its nice to have v3 to allow one or two 'extra' input fields to be displayed (with a checkbox beside it?)

User Profile Fields:

Add extra profile fields: 1- gender [x] show in threads
      Add extra profile fields: 2- hair color [ ] show in threads
      Add extra profile fields: 3- eye color [ ] show in threads

.. hope you understand what I mean
      Last edited by Floris; Sun 3rd Feb '02, 4:31am.

Comment

yea that's a great idea

Comment

Re: off topic (for 50%) feature suggestion

I kind of would like to see v3 () to not echo out location, if it is empty.
          While I don't think vBulletin will ship with that done, there will be a feature that will allow you to very easily do that. Can't say more though.

And maybe its nice to have v3 to allow one or two 'extra' input fields to be displayed (with a checkbox beside it?)
          Freddie already showed you some screenshots of the new profile fields system - I know you saw em cause you particpated in that thread

Comment

Re: Re: off topic (for 50%) feature suggestion

Originally posted by tubedogg
            While I don't think vBulletin will ship with that done, there will be a feature that will allow you to very easily do that. Can't say more though.
            Ah, that didn't sound that negative, and thank you guys for thinking about it
            Freddie already showed you some screenshots of the new profile fields system - I know you saw em cause you particpated in that thread
            hehe, never said I was the brightest in the family. I dont remember everything I see/read, but you refreshed my memory and I browsed about a bit again, and just sighed .. yeah. v3 will ROCK

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X