changing url of first page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing url of first page

Hi, this is the first of (probably) many questions...I just bought a vB license and got it installed ok, but the url for the first page is "http://www.purecattalk.com/forum/upload/" and I want it to open on just "purecattalk.com". Do I have to redirect "purecattalk.com", or is there a better way to do this?

Right now "purecattalk.com" opens the index page. How do I stop it from doing that? (Or should I ask my server that).

This forum is my first foray into the world of servers, I'm still learning.

Thanks.

Move everything up two directories. Meaning, in your FTP client, select all of the files in your upload folder (including the /admin /mod and /images subfolders), click Rename, and put this for what to rename it to:
    ../../
    That should move everything up two directories so they will be in the main directory.

Comment

Thanks. The rename thing didn't work, so I selected all the files and said "move" to /public_html. That worked. I'm using cuteftp (trial version), don't know if that makes the difference.

But now I'm kind of worried that it will still be possible for people to somehow view the "index of..." page. How can I prevent people from viewing the index page for the url? Or has putting vBulliten in that directory stopped that?

Thanks.

Comment

It has stopped that.

Comment

Working...
        X