New User Signup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New User Signup

I know this has been discussed here but could not find answer.

A new user signs up, they get the activation email they follow the link, it works great they are directed to forum with url and logged in when they get there, all is good up until this point. They log out come back later on to login it will not accept their password. I go into cp and edit that user only putting in the same password they used at signup, all works ok after that no more problems, next user signs up same problem. I am running version 2.2.1 is there a fix for this somewhere.

Joey
    Real Web Host

This isn't happening on either of my two 2.2.1 forums so I'm not sure it's a bug. This sounds like a strange one. Do you have any hacks on you forum? Particularly anything that affects the user data?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thx Steve we found it in register.php

We had this in a query there

PHP Code:
      ".addslashes($password)." 

should have been this

PHP Code:
      ".md5(addslashes($password))." 
      Real Web Host

Comment

The latter (with md5) is in the unmodified register.php. Are you sure you uploaded register.php from version 2.2.1?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

yep works now
          Real Web Host

Comment

Working...
          X