Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Adding New Account from MySQL

Hi

We have another MySQL application for our poratl that creates a new user in vb when someone registers on our syste,. This was working fine until vb upgrade to encrypted password. We solved the password problem, but now when the user login in they log in successfully and they get the following message:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    Logged in user: test789 [logout]

Thanks for the help...

Dave

Since this is a hack you'd have better luck asking over at vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks!

Would it be considered a hack if we just are writing to the vBulletin tables?

Actually I solved it. This was a new user group and the default permissions we set to not allow forum views. How do I change the default?

Dave

Comment

Anything that uses non-vB scripts is considered a hack.

You can set the default permissions in Admin CP -> User Group -> Modify

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Non VB Scrpts

Thanks Steve for the info....

By the way, so that we dont have to keep posting the subject, are they ever considering offering a threaded version of vb???

Thanks

Dave

( I know, this belonges in suggestions

Comment

I believe the deveopers have posted some hints about this.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...ded+ubbthreads

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Drop down menu at top of Optiboard

Steve

Just checked out your board and it looks great..Is it difficult to put that dropdown menu at the top?

Thanks

Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave! By the way, I just edited my post above to add a link you might find interesting.

The drop-down menu is pretty easy to install and it's particularly easy to use with multiple Style sets like I have on my board. Here's the info and link:

/*
                Top Navigational Bar II (By Mike Hall @ Brainjar.com)
                Last updated: 00/05/08
                Permission granted and modified by Dynamicdrive.com to include script in archive. For this and 100's more DHTML scripts, visit http://dynamicdrive.com
                */

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
                X