Forum display in infinite loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum display in infinite loop

This has happenend since I upgraded to 2.2.2. I go to the forum display listing of one forum and my browser goes into a infinite loop (load-reload-load-reload at about 1000mph) and the screen goes white.

I can see it loading the page over and over and over but I have to ctrl=alt=del to get out of the loop.

Any idea what is causing this? I cleared my cookies and flushed my internet files to see if it was a bad cookie of some sort.

Anyone help me out here? I can't view my own message board!

What's the URL to your board? And what browser are you using? Does this happen with a different browser?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Here is the URL....but im not sure it will happen every time.

I see the page load, and then it tries to 'reformat' itself to the screen size..and then loooooop

http://64.41.98.98/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=5

Hmm...i have a suspicion it has to do with the icons.
      Last edited by scatpack; Sat 2 Feb '02, 10:05am.

Comment

Yep, it happened to me too with IE 6. Do you have any hacks installed?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

No hacks. Just upgraded this week to 2.2.2 from 2.2.1.

If i quickly "STOP" loading the page, everything looks ok, but the lower icons for:
          All times are GMT. The time now is 02:07 PM.
          No new posts ( More than 15 replies or 150 views )

the icons haven't loaded yet.

Comment

I just ran the repair.php and everything returned OK.

Comment

Strange, it didn't appear to be a db problem. Glad it's working though!

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Oops... The repair SAID everything was ok...but I still have the problem. I still have infinite loop

Comment

Yeah, I didn't think this was a db problem. Try reuploading forumdisplay.php and overwriting the one on the server. Make sure you upload in ASCII. if that doesn't work, then fill out a support request at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support.php

Be sure to include the access info to your Admin CP and FTP.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I just downloaded Opera browser...and I get an error instead of infinite loop.
                    The error says "Problem encountered while decoding data. Possibly due to corrupted data."

Comment

As I mentioned in your support ticket, I cannot replicate the problem which leads me to believe that there is some kind of proxy server, firewall, or software on your machine that is filtering/messing with your internet connection.

BTW I just tried it on this machine (different from the other one I tried it on - that was WinXP/IE6) this one is Win2K/IE6.

Comment

I'm not assuming anything. You came in here approaching it as though it were something with vBulletin, which given that I couldn't replicate it on two different computers, I dispute. It was not necessarily something specifically with your computer but I bet there was something in common among those computers that it happens to, some setting somewhere or the type of connection that you're using or something.

Comment

Kevin,

For what it's worth I'm seeing this infinite looping on my machine running IE 6.0. However I don't see it with NS 6.1. It's definitely happening but I have no idea what's causing it.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X