Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Choosing Avatars in Profile setting shows all the avatars?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choosing Avatars in Profile setting shows all the avatars?!

Hi is there any way I can show only like a drop down menu of avatars, or part of the avatars when the "profile settings"is selected?

Right now when I choose "Avatar Info" then a new page shows up which downloads all the avatars for my forum which is waste of bandwidth.

Is there any way to organize/display these avatars by default in a better way? Thanks

There is currently no way to change this without hacking.

Comment

Only one page of avatars is shown which is not going to be any different than a user continuously pressing down on a select dropdown to show avatars, in terms of bandwidth.

Comment

It'd be great if you could make the images categories (like the hack which I am a bit hesitant to apply right now on 2.2.2). That way there is a good chance that users will go to a particular category of images and select from there, saving on bandwidth.

For now, every user who wants to change avatars say 2 times a day uses about 200 x 1.5kbytes and that's not getting compressed by gzip or zlib. So that's kind of wasteful IMHO.

Comment

Your users change avatars twice a day? The point of an avatar is kind of a 'brand image' if you will, something to recognize the user by. I think you need to have a talk with your users about this.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X