Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to keep adding users to exclusive forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to keep adding users to exclusive forum?

Hi I have this forum where there are more "rights" than others (post html tags, img tags).

I'd like to add users to this as they reach certain "milestones". I was wondering how do I go about setting up the forum for this, and how do I grant users POST/REPLY access to the forum (no password required), while other normal users can browse thru the forum??

Thanks in advance!

Create a new usergroup (User Groups > Add). Revoke permissions from other groups (Registered & below) to post in this forum(User Groups > Modify Forums). Then move your users to the new group when you want them to be able to post in that forum (Users > Prune or Users > Find > username > [edit] > change the group).

Comment

Thanks, the way I see it I still have a question:

I want the same users who have access to this "exclusive forum" with some Xtra rights for that forum only, to have access to the other forums existing with the "normal rights"

Does your advice solve this issue? Thakns a lot.

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Hmm,

I setup the custom group, but nowhere can I find enable [img] and [html] vbcodes for that group alone...? Any way to do just this..?

Comment

Not without hacking I'm afraid.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ah.. that spoils the purpose of that group. I wanted to give them rights to post images and post html... only.

Comment

If only this group is allowed to post in this new forum (or did I misunderstand that?) then set the forum to allow HTML and IMG tag use by going to Admin CP > Forums > Modify > forum name > [edit] and setting the appropriate options.

Comment

Tubedogg you are great! That should meet my requirement !

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X