Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

board not sending emails out at all anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• board not sending emails out at all anymore?

I just recently moved my vB to a new server and it's been working perfectly for a week now.

However, the board doesn't send out any emails of any kind any longer. If I try emailing myself by clicking the "email" button by a message of mine, the board happily accepts it without error, but nothing turns up.

Nothing turns up with a "forgotten password" request either.

I went through the control panel looking for some sort of setting for the mail but have not seen any. Is there something that needs changing since it's on a new server?

sounds like mail isn't set up correctly on this new server.

This can be caused by one of two things, the sendmail path is wrong or the smtp server is wrong in php.ini
    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

from extra's folder upload mailtest.php and run it to see if PHP mail() function on your server is working
      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

tried mailtest.

no errors were received, but no mail showed up either!

Comment

You may need to ask your host to check the mail logs to find out why the mail isn't being delivered.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

grrr same here

I am not sure if this has anything to do with vB .. but here goes:

Since the last 35 hours I am NOT receiving ANY E-mails no more from the hosting company here either! I can 'check' email, and I get the message "No new mail". And sending over the smtp server goes good too. People just priv msg me that they actually aren't getting the sent mail.

E-mail through the forum doesn't work, nor through normal mail. The hosting company doesn't really reply at the moment, so I am getting more and more annoyed by the minute. And I seriously hope they fix this issue asap.

Again, I just saw this thread, and thought; hey .. I have the same problem! But I doubt this is due to the use of vB

Sigh.. 100% ok .. mails sent, checked,.. no one gets them, nor me... grrr .. My alternative E-mail server on my cable account is 99% down now due to upgrading (they take a few weeks for that!!), so I am out of E-mail now My best friend (and shared admin) provided me with an temp Email account on his server. I hope I do not have to use it for a long time.

Comment

Working...
            X