Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to remove quote tag from every reply in PMs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove quote tag from every reply in PMs?

Hello I notice that when PM is used, if a member receives a PM and posts a reply, the quote tags come up with the original message inside it. Is there any way this can be removed so that the reply action only produces a blank window (no reply with quote in PM) ??

Thanks in advance!

Not without hacking, I'm afraid. I'm not quite sure why one would want to remove this, but to each his own I suppose.

Comment

One reason would be the excessive quoting in multiple replies. The PM system doesn't limit quote depth, which is very annoying
      Seriously! - The Definitive Home of All Things Serious
      Seriously! Forums

To recieve support on these forums, enter your username here.

Comment

Well, yes, but removing this removes it completely, it doesn't just limit depth. You could strip out older quotes without breaking the whole function.

Comment

Hi,

Yes, it's to avoid excess quoting when it's not needed at all IMHO. It saves on bandwidth too

I thought there'd be a way to edit the templates to remove the quote tag altogether? Is there any such way?

People in my forums are going to be messaging trivial stuff and I do not want them quoting and re-quoting, hence increasing bandwidth costs, and storage too. Thx again!

Comment

You can't get rid of the quote tag by editing templates. You can remove it from vB Code > Modify but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it. The bandwidth it takes up (especially if you are using mod_gzip or zlib) is really only a couple bytes.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X