• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.2.2 CAn't get into Admin CP

I have 3 boards

Yes-Its-Free.com
    We-Love-Recipes.com
    Crafts4All.com

One of my admins can access all functions of the first 2 but cannot get the Admin panel on Craft4All to accept her.

This is what it says.

Please Log in:
    You are either not a valid administrator or have not logged in.

However....this is the weird part, she can log in to the board ok but not the admin panel.

All boards are upgraded to 2.2.2

Finally, how can I get her email added to my Licenses so she can post on the board? It would be much easier to have her explain it exactly like what happens. She does not own the licenses, I do but I need her to be able post.

Thank you

In order for her to post and get support, I think she'll have to register here, then you somehow add her to your profile. My webmaster owns our license, so he had to do something like that for me. Maybe a mod can help you.

Comment

Re: 2.2.2 CAn't get into Admin CP

Originally posted by glenv
      I have 3 boards

Yes-Its-Free.com
      We-Love-Recipes.com
      Crafts4All.com

One of my admins can access all functions of the first 2 but cannot get the Admin panel on Craft4All to accept her.

This is what it says.

Please Log in:
      You are either not a valid administrator or have not logged in.

However....this is the weird part, she can log in to the board ok but not the admin panel.

All boards are upgraded to 2.2.2

Finally, how can I get her email added to my Licenses so she can post on the board? It would be much easier to have her explain it exactly like what happens. She does not own the licenses, I do but I need her to be able post.

Thank you
      1. check to see if she is an admin for the 3rd forum by usergroup and not just a customise title AND also check to see if she has an access masks or usergroup permissions preventing her accessing the admin control panel

2. just add her username she uses on this forum to the field box behind http://www.vbulletin.com/members/forums.php only 2 additional users besides the vB owner can be added for official support here
      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Thank you

I have added her to the Forums.

I checked all the other things you mentioned but all seems right. Not sure what or how to check masks though.

I looked in the Admin log and the last time she was in admin was Dec 28

Comment

Thank you

I have added her to the Forums.

I checked all the other things you mentioned but all seems right. Not sure what or how to check masks though.

I looked in the Admin log and the last time she was in admin was Dec 28
          try changing her password in admin panel for her and she if she can get in

also did you upgrade to 2.2.x version of vB after Dec 28 ? just wondering if her password skipped being encrypted on the upgrade for whatever reason
          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Regarding:

Did that too already. No change.

also did you upgrade to 2.2.x version of vB after Dec 28 ? just wondering if her password skipped being encrypted on the upgrade for whatever reason.

YEs, 2.2.2 was just available a few days ago.

Comment

Regarding:

Did that too already. No change.

also did you upgrade to 2.2.x version of vB after Dec 28 ? just wondering if her password skipped being encrypted on the upgrade for whatever reason.

YEs, 2.2.2 was just available a few days ago.
              i mean did you upgrade to 2.2.0 or 2.2.1 after Dec 28 ?

Comment

If I did, it would have been 2.2.1

Comment

If I did, it would have been 2.2.1
                  try and use phpmyadmin to browse her admin password and see if it's encrypted

Comment

I can get into phpMyadmin fine but not sure what section it is to find her ands her password.

When I get that, what am I looking for?

Comment

I can get into phpMyadmin fine but not sure what section it is to find her ands her password.

When I get that, what am I looking for?
                      click on the vb database in phpmyadmin and in the field query box type

SELECT * FROM user WHERE userid='heruserid'

where heruserid = what ever her use id is

i.e.

SELECT * FROM user WHERE userid='1'

Comment

Glad you are patient...

I ran:
                        SELECT * FROM user WHERE userid='teea'

Got blank white screen as result

Comment

Glad you are patient...

I ran:
                          SELECT * FROM user WHERE userid='teea'

Got blank white screen as result
                          userid not username

Comment

My ignorance is shining today.
                            How do I get her ID?

Comment

My ignorance is shining today.
                              How do I get her ID?
                              hover over her username profile url and you'll see it i.e. your's on this forum is

http://vbulletin.com/forum/member.ph...fo&userid=3051

userid = 3051

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X