Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to check for list of banned emails?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to check for list of banned emails?

I know in the admin control panel there is a list of banned emails (which I added myself) but is there anywhere else an email could be banned from or listed? I have a user getting an error message that his email is banned while trying to register using an email addy that is not banned in my admin cp.

Any ideas where to look in the database or elsewhere for the problem?

thanks,

marc
    Marc
    -------

Has the user registered before? If you have allow multiple registrations set to no, users would get an error when trying to sign up again, but this requires a cookie on the user's system, and shouldn't give the banned error anyway.

If you have banned an entire domain of emails from the board (e.g. entering hotmail.com as opposed to [email protected] in the banned list) and his falls under one of the banned domain names for emails, then he would receive that error. Of course you probably knew that, I just wanted to sound smart

In short, there is no other place than that box to enter banned emails. The only other options for banning are to ban by IP or username.

Comment

Very strange...got another email with user saying they tried to sign up but email was banned and asked why. I checked admin cp for ip address match or email match (domain or string) and nothing remotely matching his domain.

I checked the database settings where these fields are set and there was nothing matching his email. I checked the username he requested and nothing banned.

When a moderator bans a user can they ban an email and where would these emails be listed if so?

Where else could I look to see where the program flow is halting this user from registering and getting this message?

I told him to signup using one of my emails to see if it truly is a pattern match on the email. Others with email from his domain have joined successfully but don't know why he is getting the banned email message.

Any idea where else I could look?
      Marc
      -------

Comment

Did you look in your 'Banned' and/or 'Banned by Moderator' groups?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by smachol
          Did you look in your 'Banned' and/or 'Banned by Moderator' groups?
          I only see a banned by moderator group in my admin popup search...that one only had one email address (full) which in no way matched the other users...

where would the banned list be?
          Marc
          -------

Comment

The only places I know of are the Admin CP and Banned groups. Why don't you logout of your forums and try to register with the email address that this person used?
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Smachol,

I was going to give that a shot...

I had the user register with all the same info they were trying with before but with an email to my domain I created and that worked fine for him. I then activated for him and added his "banned" email to the account manually and it worked fine...

Don't know why the pattern match for his email came up as I only have 8 emails banned and his was nothing like the others ( I also don't have any full domain bans (i.e. hotmail.com)

marc
              Marc
              -------

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X