Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Template Sets

Hey there,

1-I have added a template set and heavily modifed it which I use in my forum instead of the default template. Now is it possible to add a third template depending on the second one? If I use Add Template set, a third one is added but it is the same as DEFAULT set, however I want to use my second template as a base for the third one. Copy/paste all template is not handy so I appreciate if there is an easy way.

2- For one forum area (lets say area A) I want to to show a custom page to anyone if he clicks to NEW THREAD button in this board. This page will not be shown to other users who are adding a new thread to any boards but A. I guess I need to change the relevant template to do this, but what I cant figure out is that, should I add a new template set for this task, or just dublicate the relevant template of the existing set and use this one for that board. If the answer is former, then I know how to do is, if the latter please tell me how to do it as well.

3- Is it possible to change icons of the board just as NEW THREAD or POST REPLY icons? I can create new gif files with same name of the original then ftp them to the server so change them but I want to learn if there is an easy way like uploading/changing them through the templates or control panel just like smiley icon change?

4- Say, my board does not require registering for posting so guests may post with any names. And let's say one guest is posted an message with sender name "SenderA", what happens if another people tries to register the member name "SenderA" after this post:
    a) Can he register the name?
    b) If he can, will he be able to edit the post of the guest sent the message with the same name? Another words: will any member have the ownership of a message sent with the same FROM name before he registers?

5- Below every single board there is an form field "search this board". I know that I can delete or change it from the relevant template. However do you know what should I add (change it to) to make it a general search area instead of forum specific search? I want it to search the keyword in all the forum areas, not only in one which user is in.

Thanks in advance..
    Logician
    Logician's Blog | WebTemplates for vb 3.7.x : VB Integrated Content Management System
    I do NOT do custom work, so please do not PM/email me for such projects. Thanks for understanding..

3- Is it possible to change icons of the board just as NEW THREAD or POST REPLY icons? I can create new gif files with same name of the original then ftp them to the server so change them but I want to learn if there is an easy way like uploading/changing them through the templates or control panel just like smiley icon change?
    The images from the forum/images/ dir can be downloaded and changed and uploaded again .. and will have direct effect (you will see the changes directly

The avatars/posticons/smiley's are best to upload/modify them through their respected section, but new_thread.gif or menu icons etc can just be changed through uploading without causing trouble.

I have changed a lot of icons already on my board (see sig.)

Comment

1-I have added a template set and heavily modifed it which I use in my forum instead of the default template. Now is it possible to add a third template depending on the second one? If I use Add Template set, a third one is added but it is the same as DEFAULT set, however I want to use my second template as a base for the third one. Copy/paste all template is not handy so I appreciate if there is an easy way.
      Thats exactly what I wanted to ask. Is it possible to dublicate a template-set?

Comment

Originally posted by Grendel
        Thats exactly what I wanted to ask. Is it possible to dublicate a template-set?
        how about downloading the style and then uploading it under a different name? Should work IMO...

---edit:

You'll have to modify the downloaded vbulletin.style a bit:

First Line says
        2.2.7|||YourStyleName|||YourTemplateName|||YourReplacementName

just change those, so that no existing Style/Templates/Replacements will be overwritten when you re-upload it...
        Last edited by ::nox|silicon::; Tue 10 Sep '02, 3:22am.

Comment

Re: Template Sets

Basically not, I think. But one way to keep the old Icons in place (for old Templates) while using other imagews in different Templates is to upload your images under different names or in a subfolder of /images and use custom replacement-variables for the pictures in your templates...

5- Below every single board there is an form field "search this board". I know that I can delete or change it from the relevant template. However do you know what should I add (change it to) to make it a general search area instead of forum specific search? I want it to search the keyword in all the forum areas, not only in one which user is in.
          Replace the Search Code with the one from "search.php" and make hidden fields for the arguments as used in search.php...

i.e.:

PHP Code:
          <form action="search.php" method="post">
          <
          input type="hidden" name="s" value="$session[sessionhash]">
          <
          input type="text" class="bginput" name="query" size="35">
          <
          input type="hidden" name="forumchoice" value="-1"><!-- search all open Forums -->
          <
          input type="hidden" name="titleonly" value=""><!-- search entire posts -->
          <
          input type="hidden" name="showposts" value=""><!-- show results as threads -->
          <
          input type="hidden" name="searchdate" value="-1"><!-- any date... -->
          <
          input type="hidden" name="beforeafter" value="after"><!-- ...and newer -->
          <
          input type="hidden" name="sortby" value="lastpost"><!-- sort results by submission date... -->
          <
          input type="hidden" name="sortorder" value="descending"><!-- ...in descending order -->
          </
          form
          hope that helps...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X