X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    Originally posted by The Realist
    I still think there is a conspiracy somewere!

You caused the error and yet there is a conspiracy? madness.

Leave a comment:

• The Realist
    replied
    I still think there is a conspiracy somewere!

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Originally posted by freddie
    Ah ok you have been spared from the iron maiden this time.

rofl

Additional: Make note that there is a difference between template-hacking and code-hacking. If you alter a template, your support will remain intact, but if you alter source code.. you can understand that giving support should come from enthousiasts over at vbulletin.org.

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    Ah ok you have been spared from the iron maiden this time.

Leave a comment:

• The Realist
    replied
    Thank you for that M8.

I have re uploaded user.php and all is fine and in its ORIGINAL STATE.

The Realist - you caused your own problem by modifying the source code. I am not plopping down a new rule as you seem to be suggesting. Your license does not cover support of modified source code. I don't have to ask you if you modified the source code as I can clearly see you did.

Here is the official support we offer to those in your situation:

Upload user.php from the v2.2.2 distribution and let me know if it resolves your problem.

If we know you modified the source code than we will tell you to replace every file you edited before we can help you. Read around this forum and you will see that Standard Operating Procedure. If we don't know you have modified the code and it gets to the point where we have to login to see and we find modified source code than we will stop and give you the same answer as above.

There is a reason we moved the hacks forum out of here. We wanted to stop giving the impression that we will support modified forums. We never have done that.

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    The Realist - you caused your own problem by modifying the source code. I am not plopping down a new rule as you seem to be suggesting. Your license does not cover support of modified source code. I don't have to ask you if you modified the source code as I can clearly see you did.

Here is the official support we offer to those in your situation:

Upload user.php from the v2.2.2 distribution and let me know if it resolves your problem.

If we know you modified the source code than we will tell you to replace every file you edited before we can help you. Read around this forum and you will see that Standard Operating Procedure. If we don't know you have modified the code and it gets to the point where we have to login to see and we find modified source code than we will stop and give you the same answer as above.

There is a reason we moved the hacks forum out of here. We wanted to stop giving the impression that we will support modified forums. We never have done that.

Leave a comment:

• The Realist
    replied
    So therefore you are saying that when someone edits there version of vbulletin with any hacks from your hack forum, they infact invalidates there licence or just no longer receive support from VB and this forum?

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    Both.

Leave a comment:

• centris
    replied
    I see Bira's away hack so I am sure you realize you have modified your forum and need to visit www.vbulletin.org for assistance.

FROM_UNIXTIME(awaydate) AS awaydate

Are you saying Freddie that if you apply a hack to your forum then you get no assistance - OR that Bira's hack is probably responsible for the error.?

Interested.

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    I see Bira's away hack so I am sure you realize you have modified your forum and need to visit www.vbulletin.org for assistance.

FROM_UNIXTIME(awaydate) AS awaydate

Leave a comment:

• The Realist
    started a topic 2.2.2 server database error

2.2.2 server database error

Upgraded from 2.2.1 to 2.2.2 and now I am getting this error on editing users details in control panel:
    Database error in vBulletin Control Panel 2.2.2:

Invalid SQL: SELECT *,FROM_UNIXTIME(joindate) AS joindate,FROM_UNIXTIME(lastvisit) AS lastvisit,FROM_UNIXTIME(lastactivity) AS lastactivity,FROM_UNIXTIME(lastpost) AS lastpost,FROM_UNIXTIME(awaydate) AS awaydate
    avatar.avatarpath,NOT ISNULL(customavatar.avatardata) AS hascustomavatar
    FROM user
    LEFT JOIN avatar ON avatar.avatarid=user.avatarid
    LEFT JOIN customavatar ON customavatar.userid=user.userid
    WHERE user.userid=125
    mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'avatar.avatarpath,NOT ISNULL(customavatar.avatardata) AS hascustomavatar
    ' at line 2

mysql error number: 1064

Date: Wednesday 30th of January 2002 05:26:06 PM
    Script: http://www.skytronic-forums.com/foru...dit&userid=125

HELP!!
    Last edited by The Realist; Wed 30 Jan '02, 9:29am.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X