Telnet putty not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telnet putty not working

Hi i read now for many hours through the forum and i tried all i could find, but it still not work. Prob is, i couldnt do a backup over my admin cp, download breaks sometimes after 900k or 2 megs. So i tried over putty telnet. When i try mysqldump and after i enter the password this happens:

Got Error 2002 : Cant connect to local Mysql server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)

I dont know whether its important but my host went his mysql over an seperate server called rdbms.strato.de, so i think thats why he cant connect over the local host. Problem is, i cant login with rdbms.strato.de telnet, only my "real" hostname works. My Host told me to use as host rdbms.strato.de, but how to use it, is there a way to fill that in a telnet code?

thx

Did you try it like this?

mysqldump --all -e -l --add-drop-table --host=rdbms.strato.de --user=yourusername --password=youpassword databasename >backup.sql

Thanks to Afterburner for this code.
    this is my sig

Comment

Originally posted by Pogo
      Did you try it like this?

mysqldump --all -e -l --add-drop-table --host=rdbms.strato.de --user=yourusername --password=youpassword databasename >backup.sql

Thanks to Afterburner for this code.
      Thx Pogo . What should i write to upload this file?

Wann ist euer Forum denn wieder auf?

P.S.: Welche Taste für "l" ???

Comment

Do a telnet login and then try this command line.

The l is a small L

Das Forum müsste offen sein!
        this is my sig

Comment

Yes yes but how to upload now the backup? The download was successfull....

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X