Can this be done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can this be done

I would like to know if this 2nd column can be eliminated? The 2nd one from the left, next to the folder icons.

Yes. The templates in question that you need to edit are forumdisplay_threadslist (edit the colspan in the column described as "Thread" to be 2 instead of 3, and then edit the colspan in the cell for "Show threads from..." to be 7 instead of 8) and forumdisplaybit (remove the entire <td> containing $thread[icon])

The icons will still be saved to the thread table in the database and will still be seen in the showthread page, but they will be removed from the forumdisplay page.

Comment

Thanks, I apprciate the help. I'll give it a go.

Comment

np

If you need any more specific descriptions as to where these are located, lmk and I'll break out the ol' admin cp

Comment

Well, it didn't work. I edited the 2 templates. The icon column was eliminated, but when I changed Thread" to be 2 instead of 3, and then edit the colspan in the cell for "Show threads from..." to be 7 instead of 8) I got a black box under the last post column.

Comment

DOH! Sorry. forumdisplay_announcement, 3rd line:

<td bgcolor="{ secondaltcolor}"><smallfont>&amp;nbsp;</smallfont></td>

Remove that

My bad, sorry d00d
            Last edited by fury; Mon 28th Jan '02, 4:33am.

Comment

So there are 3 templates to edit?

Comment

Love it when a plan comes together.....Edited the extra template...everything works!

Thanks!

Comment

Been asleep, sorry. Yeah, just 3 templates were all that needed to be edited.

No problemo, d00d, glad I could help.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X