How to force cache for all the images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to force cache for all the images

We have a relatively slow uplink. I find none of the images are cache on a private cache or proxy server. Each time a page is loaded, the buttons are come up one by one.

Even when I set
    session.cache_limiter = private

the images are still not been cached. I understand the index page has the no-cache header, but all the other pages' images are not cached.

How can I let all the images/avatars to be cached either on the user's proxy server or the user's local cache while having all the contents to be non-static?

BTW, I am using the VB built-in gzip feature. The server setting for output_handler is NULL.

Cache is an end-user issue, and you have no control over it, via your board to make your users "cache" anything.

If you want to do it for youR OWN browser, then you can set your preferences in your Internet Options (under IE) or Edit>Preferences in Netscape.
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X