Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Backing up database, in case of getting hacked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backing up database, in case of getting hacked?

5 or so rap boards in the last two days have been hacked...
    im curious to know have i backup'd my database correctly....cuz im afraid these f*cking herbs, trying to be like Neo from the matrix...wannabes, are gonna attack me next since my board is pretty big...

anyway I went in the vb admin panel and went to back-up database, and clicked the button "DO BACKUP"...its under 'Database tables to include in backup' section...
    And it downloaded to my computer, and then after it finished downloading to my computer, A pop-up appeared with a list of applications to open it with....

is this correct so far?

thanks in advance...
    pzz, 1
    Last edited by Shadowz; Sat 26 Jan '02, 9:33pm.

It is correct but if you want to be absolutely sure you should use the MySQL command line to make your backup. See step one here.

Comment

My server (VO) doesnt allow/have telnet access.
      Any other suggestions?

Comment

Since when doesn't VO allow telnet? They still offer this according to their webpage:

http://www.venturesonline.com/hostin...l-hosting.html

"All Packages Include......Telnet/SSH"
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X