X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patric
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    Of course it will. That's what subscribing to a thread does - it send email notifications.
    Thanks Steve!

<== That's me...

Ok, now I understand... Its a pity that you can't shut down the email notification on subscribed threads as most people on our forums use it to keep a collection of interesting threads in their User CP, not to get notified via email.

I would love to see that as an option in future releases

Patric

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by Patric
    It won't help to edit each user separately as I tried with two accounts and it still behaves wrong.

1. Email notification is OFF
    2. Subscribed threads always sends email confirmations
    Of course it will. That's what subscribing to a thread does - it send email notifications.

Leave a comment:

• Patric
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke
    You can edit their individual user settings in the Admin Control Panel.

You should also make sure that the "Email Notification" checkbox on new posts and new threads respects this choice and isn't hardcoded. To see how the templates should look at their originals.

It won't help to edit each user separately as I tried with two accounts and it still behaves wrong.

1. Email notification is OFF
    2. Subscribed threads always sends email confirmations

There is no way to shut it down...

Btw, I have done the fix listed in another thread to display subscribed threads properly in 2.2.9 if that may have something to do with all of this...

Thanks

Patric

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    You can edit their individual user settings in the Admin Control Panel.

You should also make sure that the "Email Notification" checkbox on new posts and new threads respects this choice and isn't hardcoded. To see how the templates should look at their originals.

Leave a comment:

• Patric
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke
    To remove the notification from older threads they will have to use the subscribed threads page, also available in their control panel, to turn it off for the messages they don't want any notification for.
    Got some questions on this. We are using 2.2.9 btw.

Even if people have Email notification OFF they receive emails on subscribed threads. This is true for threads subscribed to before and after setting notification off. Where can I as admin or user set this to off as we get lots of complaints on this?

TIA

Patric

Leave a comment:

• Koss
    replied
    thanks for the quick reply
    I'll have them do that...

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    They can change this option under "Edit Options" in their personal control panel. This will only affect new postings though. To remove the notification from older threads they will have to use the subscribed threads page, also available in their control panel, to turn it off for the messages they don't want any notification for.

Leave a comment:

• Koss
    started a topic turning email notification off by default

turning email notification off by default

Hi,

Some of by members seem to be having difficulties with their email notification, saying that they receive emails even though they have email notification set to "no".

So I was wondering if there is a way to email notification on "no" by default.
    I do not want to completely remove this feature as I am sure lots of members use it.

Thanks in advance!