Search and Replace with original templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search and Replace with original templates

I don't seem to be able to "Search and Replace" function with original templates.

When I editted them before, then I can search and replace some strings in them, but if they are original (not editted yet) , I can only Search for string in them (it returns a list of templates containing my query string), but can't use the other function to search replace at the same time.. It just say finding..and replacing.. All done! but does not list the templates changed..

Somebody can help me to edit and replace at the same time with original, un-editted templates?

I am translating my board, and translating the same text all over again is really time-consuming..

Thanks a lot!

ML

Search and replace only works with custom templates. The reason is that in order to replace text in a template it must add a custom template. Since you can have multiple template sets, the search wouldn't know which sets to add this template to so it only searches custom templates.

Comment

will you show me how to create a new "spare" template and have my current template be "custom" so that I can search and replace it?

Thanks a lot for the quick respond

ML

Comment

You'd have to go through, click Edit on each one, then click Save. With 400+ templates that would take you a while.

Comment

can you believe that I've go thru all the "calendar templates", then stop and come here for help?

ML

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X