Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• database errors upon entering threads

Hello,

I've been using vBulletin for months now with no problem.. but this morning, out of the blue, threads stopped working. The forum was usable and seemingly fine, and users could create new threads, but trying to view threads causes this error:

PHP Code:
    Database error in vBulletinInvalid SQL
    SELECT
    session
    .userid AS sessionuserid,
    post.*,post.username AS postusername,post.ipaddress AS ip,user.*,userfield.*,icon.title as icontitle,icon.iconpath,
    attachment.attachmentid,attachment.filename,attachment.visible AS attachmentvisible,attachment.counter
    ,avatar.avatarpathuser.avatarrevision OR NOT ISNULL(customavatar.avatardata) AS hascustomavatar,customavatar.dateline AS avatardateline
    FROM post
    LEFT JOIN icon ON icon
    .iconid=post.iconid
    LEFT JOIN user ON user
    .userid=post.userid
    LEFT JOIN userfield ON userfield
    .userid=user.userid
    LEFT JOIN avatar ON avatar
    .avatarid=user.avatarid
                           LEFT JOIN customavatar ON customavatar
    .userid=user.userid
    LEFT JOIN attachment ON attachment
    .attachmentid=post.attachmentid
    LEFT JOIN session ON 
    (session.userid user.userid

AND session.userid 0

AND session.lastactivity>1011812825)
    WHERE post.postid IN (0,501149,501375,501709,501815,501888,501895,502001,502040,502043,502045,502080,502104,503533,503607,503636)
    ORDER BY dateline 

mysql error
    Got error 28 from table handler
    mysql error number
    Date
    Wednesday 23rd of January 2002 02:22:05 PM
    Script
    : /cboard/showthread.php?s=&postid=503636#post503636
    Referer: [url]http://www.soundcircuit.com/cboard/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=13&daysprune=[/url] 
    Any ideas? Help ASAP would be appreciated.
    (I've closed the board down now so I can stop receiving technical staff e-mails)
    "Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did."
    - Mark Twain

Error 28 means the disk (or partition) is out of space.

Are you on a dedicated box? If so you need to clear out some space on the partition that MySQL uses for data storage (usually /var on Linux).

If not you need to contact your host about this and have them clear some space. Error logs are usually a good place to start pruning.

Comment

thanks a lot for the quick response... i'll check that out
      "Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did."
      - Mark Twain

Comment

np Hope you get it fixed.

Comment

just out of curiosity, if I'm out of space, why does that affect thread viewing but not thread posting?
          - Mark Twain

Comment

Posting takes less temporary space than viewing, especially for longer threads.

Comment

ah... makes sense now.

the forum is back up. Thanks again
              (you can take a look at the design while you're at it)
              - Mark Twain

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X